Halloween: I just don't get it

I'm as old as my teeth but a little older that a couple of crowns and an implant. My kids are grown up and have kids of their own. We dont see them on Halloweens as they all go to Knots Berry Farm which is like Disneyland but put on a really "spooktacular" show for kids and is famous in this part of California

Most of the kids who come to the door are no older than 7 or 8 usually.

Once or twice in the past there have been a couple of teenage high school girls dressed up as Bunny Girls or Cheerleaders.

Dont expect many kids this year. It will al be over by 9:00 PM latest as Tuesday is a school day

I ve been to KBFM .In Sheffield we get OAPs as cheerleaders which is radical: many of them report to A&E with slipped discs.

There's just a sense of freedom that I got when I was a kid going trick or treating. For one evening, I could pretend to be anything I wanted and run amok all over the neighborhood. Compare notes as to which house was giving out what. See what your friends are dressed up as, and laugh myself silly over my friend's brother, who was dressed as a girl and the oranges he used to fill their mom's bra kept falling out when he'd run. And the best part? FREE CANDY! :D

I can't believe people are questioning the reasons for having a party, think of it as like a Bonfire party, but just on a different night.

The Killjoys and Sackcloth and Ashes brigade always come out of the woodwork at these times.

Ban this! ban that! Why cant all these silly immature misguided people be as miserable as us? :rant:

The Killjoys and Sackcloth and Ashes brigade always come out of the woodwork at these times.

Ban this! ban that! Why cant all these silly immature misguided people be as miserable as us? :rant:

We never had Halloween as such until the US film came out and then an industry was created.

Archived