Halloween: I just don't get it

My opinion is that the world would be a far better place if people just tried to mind their own business and not go around telling other people what they should and should not spend their money on.

I like Halloween myself. There's no harm in making kids happy a few times a year while they're still young. God only knows the world they will live in as adults may well be FUBAR. but I wont be around to see it

It's a cold day in hell...

...I'm with Harleyman on this one!

I think you are mistaken if you think the participants are the general public-they may be less typical than you think.I am glad however that you have embraced the lead given by your Uncle Sam;KFC for supper tonight?

If you find American food and customs distressing why bitch and moan about it?. Obviously the majority of people in the UK find it appealing or are you the head of the sackcloth and ashes brigade who see themselves as some sort of Moses like people dedicated to leading the vast unwashed and misguided out of the yankee cultural desert into an enlightened land of new beginnings and a new era of cultural awakening ? :hihi: :hihi:

If you find American food and customs distressing why bitch and moan about it?. Obviously the majority of people in the UK find it appealing or are you the head of the sackcloth and ashes brigade who see themselves as some sort of Moses like people dedicated to leading the vast unwashed and misguided out of the yankee cultural desert into an enlightened land of new beginnings and a new era of cultural awakening ? :hihi: :hihi:

i'm sticking with the minority.

It's the new sponsorship challenge, instead of cycling from Lands End to John O'Groats...

...you have to drive it on A roads, without passing a Maccy D's!

I'm getting my bike out, it'll be easier!

(Still, the point is, that's what people like, or they wouldn't be there).

We had our own years back on Guy Fawkes night...begging , penny for the Guy , sometimes we used a scuffy neighbourhood kid and shoved him in a pram....got more money that way :hihi:

I think that has gone out now, the fireworks are still there, but I dont think anyone knows what for.:hihi:

If anyone tried to blow up the queen and parliament these days I dont think anyone would be bothered anyway.

I think they got all that out their system with dianas murder.

Today Halloween ! Tomorrow Disneyworld. Why not holiday at home in Blackpool and Skeggy instead of spending hundreds of pounds going to Orlando to see a stupid person dressed up as a mouse.

Is there no refuge from this American cultural plague ? :hihi: :hihi:

Archived