Halloween: I just don't get it

I think that has gone out now, the fireworks are still there, but I dont think anyone knows what for.:hihi:

If anyone tried to blow up the queen and parliament these days I dont think anyone would be bothered anyway.

I think they got all that out their system with dianas murder.

Now I know why there are so many dumb posts. They dont teach English history anymore in schools. I've suspected that for some time. Nothing earlier than the Beatles :hihi:

If you find American food and customs distressing why bitch and moan about it?. Obviously the majority of people in the UK find it appealing or are you the head of the sackcloth and ashes brigade who see themselves as some sort of Moses like people dedicated to leading the vast unwashed and misguided out of the yankee cultural desert into an enlightened land of new beginnings and a new era of cultural awakening ? :hihi: :hihi:

No I am not the leader but am currently third in the pecking order.You see I would get the role but I am a part-time manager at Mcdonalds and a stand-in Father Christmas.The majority do not embrace the yankee culture as you name it,but there is a noisy minority who enjoy it.The majority of US citizens purport to be religious but are frankly rather ignorant and poorly travelled with very little insight into rival cutures.You claim to be from california and ride a HD-most motorcyclists I know think thye are a joke bike for wannabes.Milwaukee made good beer and bad bikes.

Now I know why there are so many dumb posts. They dont teach English history anymore in schools. I've suspected that for some time. Nothing earlier than the Beatles :hihi:

I know what for, do you?

I meant the modern children arnt meant to know what for.

The methods of execution in James I time may not be suitable for this forum.

They do teach History bur perhaps you would not recognise it as such.they now cover the origins of junk food ,vacuous TV programmes and anti-terrorism.

No I am not the leader but am currently third in the pecking order.You see I would get the role but I am a part-time manager at Mcdonalds and a stand-in Father Christmas.The majority do not embrace the yankee culture as you name it,but there is a noisy minority who enjoy it.The majority of US citizens purport to be religious but are frankly rather ignorant and poorly travelled with very little insight into rival cutures.You claim to be from california and ride a HD-most motorcyclists I know think thye are a joke bike for wannabes.Milwaukee made good beer and bad bikes.

Yes but amongst all those ignorant Yanks pops up a Bill Gate and a Steve Jobs now and then , what would you do without their contributions. or don't you use a computer or take your cell phone to the pubs with you :hihi: or do you say, Would you like fries with that ? all day long.

They do teach History bur perhaps you would not recognise it as such.they now cover the origins of junk food ,vacuous TV programmes and anti-terrorism.

And still an overwhelming number of people embrace it wholeheartedly. It must be hard for someone like you living in this desert of blissful cultural ignorance :hihi:

for the kids ok yes.

but all this dressing up in the silly costumes and wearing those ridiculous masks.

theres a display of it on strictly come dancing tonight --and later on x-factor.

no don't get it.

Don't knock it, i burnt the mother inlaw:gag: last year and got away with it ,maybe the wife this year if i'm lucky.:twisted:

Part time manager at McDs? :hihi: :hihi: Lucky I'm not your manager lad. You'd be out of a job right off. You lack the corporate spirit. Obviously a disgrunteld non- team player with a negative attitude :hihi:

Most Americans prefer to stay at home and always have mainly because there's plenty to see on their own doorstep instead of paying high prices to travel for 12 hours in coach class crammed together like sardines then being screwed by everyone from rude hotel clerks to smart assed French wine waiters and paying through the nose for it.

I've been back several times to England and spent time in France and Spain. It's all become too expensive in the last decade or so

You've never ridden a Harley so I'll excuse yiour ignorance. I used to ride Nortons and BSAs. I liked them well enough for the time except for the oil leaks and those Lucas electrical parts. :D Bad products dont stay around either

I did see a 1950s Morris Minor the other day with a right hand drive. It blew my mind. The Mini Cooper caught on here in California quite a bit. I understand the Jerries are making em now

Archived