Halloween: I just don't get it

It all started at the Salem Witch Trials in Salem, Massachussets some time in the mid 16th Century iirc, it's all on the Wikipedia link I posted on the first page.

missed your post earlier

seen it now thanks.........my views havnt changed.

Yes but amongst all those ignorant Yanks pops up a Bill Gate and a Steve Jobs now and then , what would you do without their contributions. or don't you use a computer or take your cell phone to the pubs with you :hihi: or do you say, Would you like fries with that ? all day long.

I use a PC developed by Babbage but no mobile phone.I think you will agree that gates and jobs are leaders of trends rahter than mere followers.Neither would purchase plastic pumpkins now would they?There are always exceptions especially within a population of 250m.Even in a small settlement like Sheffield with 500,000 there are a few bright sparks but SF is populated by many followers.Hows the singing going Julie?

And still an overwhelming number of people embrace it wholeheartedly. It must be hard for someone like you living in this desert of blissful cultural ignorance :hihi:

Do you mean Sheffield or your native California.Do you really know where you are or are you simply an avatar?

Part time manager at McDs? :hihi: :hihi: Lucky I'm not your manager lad. You'd be out of a job right off. You lack the corporate spirit. Obviously a disgrunteld non- team player with a negative attitude :hihi:

Most Americans prefer to stay at home and always have mainly because there's plenty to see on their own doorstep instead of paying high prices to travel for 12 hours in coach class crammed together like sardines then being screwed by everyone from rude hotel clerks to smart assed French wine waiters and paying through the nose for it.

I've been back several times to England and spent time in France and Spain. It's all become too expensive in the last decade or so

You've never ridden a Harley so I'll excuse yiour ignorance. I used to ride Nortons and BSAs. I liked them well enough for the time except for the oil leaks and those Lucas electrical parts. :D Bad products dont stay around either

I did see a 1950s Morris Minor the other day with a right hand drive. It blew my mind. The Mini Cooper caught on here in California quite a bit. I understand the Jerries are making em now

I was asked to leave as my spelling was not good enough.You seem to have an excellent insight into the running of McDs so I presume you stil serve the fries with a smile.We now describe Germans respectfully and have moved on from the demonisation which characterised your education.I expect you ahe the same issues with redskins and people of mixed race,especially the Hispanics who predominate in parts of LA and San Diego

I was asked to leave as my spelling was not good enough.You seem to have an excellent insight into the running of McDs so I presume you stil serve the fries with a smile.We now describe Germans respectfully and have moved on from the demonisation which characterised your education.I expect you ahe the same issues with redskins and people of mixed race,especially the Hispanics who predominate in parts of LA and San Diego

There doesn't see to be much wrong with your spelling but you do have a propensity to jump to conclusions which is an annoying habit. You've never ridden a Harley, never visited the United States, yet base your assumptions on heresay. Additionally you assume I'm a racist.

Being an old fashioned kind of a guy I find it a little contemtible that you stoop to biting the hand that feeds you namely McDs. An employee owes a measure of loyalty to the employer who provides him with a job no matter how mediocre that job may be.

I dont know much about McDs either. When I get the urge for a burger and fries I go to In N' Out Burger. Their's are far superior to McDs any day :D

BTW I never heard of anybody being asked to leave a place like McDs because their spelling wasn't good enough. Something fishy about that story :hihi:

There doesn't see to be much wrong with your spelling but you do have a propensity to jump to conclusions which is an annoying habit. You've never ridden a Harley, never visited the United States, yet base your assumptions on heresay. Additionally you assume I'm a racist.

Being an old fashioned kind of a guy I find it a little contemtible that you stoop to biting the hand that feeds you namely McDs. An employee owes a measure of loyalty to the employer who provides him with a job no matter how mediocre that job may be.

I dont know much about McDs either. When I get the urge for a burger and fries I go to In N' Out Burger. Their's are far superior to McDs any day :D

BTW I never heard of anybody being asked to leave a place like McDs because their spelling wasn't good enough. Something fishy about that story :hihi:

I dont bite the McD hand as I am vegetarian.I thought the reference to California was a spoof.I did not mention racism explicitly but you clearly are a little prickly about this.I think it was the Jerries bit which was a bit 1950s-toomany Jack Hawkins films,guvnor.

Archived