So, did you take dripping Sandwiches to work?

le-joker

Got a tub in fridge now from morrisons. Eating healthier these days have it on wholemeal breadcakes and with sea salt. Used to buy a stock for my old aunt when she visited from Lytham. Lilly's pork was her favorite. Got a cousin now in Spain loves it but apparently she can't take any into the country it's on one of their import banned lists.

According to modern thinking we should all be dead by now.Iv'e eaten bread and dripping all my life but the best I remember was from a shop opposite Sutherland road baths after swimming lessons with the school,the cakes were warm and we were hungry in two minutes they were gone but the memory lingers on.

I'm Supposed to be above that now. But nothing stops me going into the Kitchen and making myself a dripping sandwich or two with salt on. Don't I love them they remind me of wonderful memories of my childhood and youth.

How I miss dear old Sheffield and my mates in Martin Street. My family had nothing then but wonderful neighbours and friends,!940's & 1950's

God bless you Dripping Sandwich, Tripe, Black pudding, Chicling & Bag , Cow heel. I still travel on business even at 75, haven't lived there for 40years, but still bless Sheffield.

ALWAYS A SHEFFIELDER

i was not that common as to take dripping sandwhiches to work,i used to have the luxusry of buying them from rodgers sanswhixh shop on upper allen st for 6 old pence about 2 pence today plus salt dripping was no good without salt, and i would some times have 2 or 3 a day i had this for years im now 60 god knows what my arterys must be like but they never did me any harm. but it seems what ever you eat it s bad for you so take a rick and eat dripping the staff of the working class life . even now i will buy a small tub of dripping and enjoy it once more brill

I'm Supposed to be above that now. But nothing stops me going into the Kitchen and making myself a dripping sandwich or two with salt on. Don't I love them they remind me of wonderful memories of my childhood and youth.

How I miss dear old Sheffield and my mates in Martin Street. My family had nothing then but wonderful neighbours and friends,!940's & 1950's

God bless you Dripping Sandwich, Tripe, Black pudding, Chicling & Bag , Cow heel. I still travel on business even at 75, haven't lived there for 40years, but still bless Sheffield.

ALWAYS A SHEFFIELDER

I had cow heel for dinner on friday,love it.we go to Doncaster market on saturdays for black dag,chitterling and bag,welks and mussels MMmmmmm!

Archived