So, did you take dripping Sandwiches to work?

le-joker

when I first left school I worked at tommy wards saville street, every morning we all order our drippin. and as usual it we had left home without any breakfast as we were always late (eventually got the sack) but the drippin and tea from the lady that came round with the tea trolley was heavenly.

any one remeber tommy wards and the big bloke on the clockin in machine. thought he wqas god.!!!

I worked in the offices at Tommy Wards in 1969/70. I don't remember the tea lady but I wasn't there for long before I went to Wigfalls offices under the arches.

There was a canteen there and I can remember the tea lady coming round there. Particularly when beef had been cooked for the lunches. We'd get thick slices of bread with beef dripping on for 1d a slice. Now that really was to die for and I could murder a slice right now. :love:

Their meals were really nice, and cheap as well. I didn't have them every day but I used to love braised steak and onions day and usually had that.

• 3 weeks later...
best drippint to buy is crystal peaks .. lots of brown stuff to mix in mmm lovely on toast

You will see that I no longer live in Sheffield. However, I am returning in a couple of weeks and staying with family near Crystal Peaks (I lived on Harwood Gardens for 25 years so I know Crystal Peaks very well). Can I assume you a referring to a stall in the market (towards the back) - if so (or if not) can you name the premises you use please. There are many things I miss living in the East and dripping sandwiches are near the top of the list - I have to gorge myself for the few months I will be back home.

Worked at BISRA Hoyle Street in the late 60's & 70's. We had a tea trolley that came round morning & afternoon which sold wonderful dripping cakes & there was a really big salt cellar for you to use.

What a memory - was it unhealthy - maybe but they were lovely !!!!

best drippint to buy is crystal peaks .. lots of brown stuff to mix in mmm lovely on toast

Been reading this thread and really fancy some dripping on an oven bottom bread cake with plenty of the brown stuff an salt and pepper on , but where in sheffield is the best place place to buy it and whats best beef or pork dripping ?

Archived