Hop On, West 1!!

jemson

We went in on Friday night.

Music was a bit loud, for my liking, but it appeared to be nice. Lots of seating (from what I could see) and pleasant atmosphere. Bouncers were nice, greeted us on our way in and out. We would have stayed for more than one pint, but our friends had moved on to Bungalows and went to meet them.

We would go back again.

I went here on Saturday night and found it a great place!

Pie, mash, peas and a pint for a fiver! Brilliant value!

The beer selection was great with a range of good ales, and some good bottled stuff! The lager selection wasn't amazing, although they had Holsten Vier, which is something I haven't seen before!

The cost for two pints of real ale was £5.30. So very well priced compared to a lot of places around town at the moment. The ale was also clear and well kept, although only time will tell if these standards are maintained.

The place has a great vibe to it, as mentioned before, the bouncers are really friendly. The music might be slightly loud for some peoples tastes, personally compared to some bars its quieter and you can talk, albeit, slightly louder than usual, without shouting.

It's well designed and I quite like the way it's laid out and decorated. There is a large balcony area with a small bar upstairs as well, for those who aren't sure how to get there, walk to the rear of the pub where the toilets are and you will find a staircase that leads upstairs.

The addition of plentiful local bands playing regularly is great, and the band that were on, on Saturday, were playing good quality covers of popular songs. There seems to be an overall indie and and slight old school vibe for the music. I heard plenty of Arctic Monkeys, but also some Beatles and The Who, which personally makes for a great listen for me!

Only slight issue I had was at the bar, some of the barstaff were pretty ignorant at times, but I suppose you get this at a lot of places, especially when they are busy!

I look forward to making this part of my trail as I wander around town on nights out, I'll certainly be going back if they maintain the standards they've shown this opening weekend!

Archived