Former NHS staff re-employed as contractors earning thousands!

Should they earn pennies'

How much do you think the people who work there should be paid?

When a man retires and is a pensioner, that should be it, in a service.

He should by then have passed on all his knowlege to a younger man to take his place.

If required, he should be brought back in to give his input, but only on a pro rata basis.

To retire, then come back full time is wrong, and is doing younger men out of work.

I'm retired. I no longer do what I did during my first employment, so I am retired.

I no longer do what I did during my second employment, so I am retired..

I no longer do what I did during my third employment, so I am retired.

It's probably more than a little unlikely that I would be recalled to my first profession (so we can forget about that) But should I be required to act in either of the subsequent professions (and I have been recalled) should I be obliged to work for nothing?

If you want me (if my skills are so important) I would only work on a 'pro rata' basis ... but I set the rate.

I'm not asked to work very often, but when I am, my employer pays me adequately.

I don't have a problem with that, do you?

I'm retired. I no longer do what I did during my first employment, so I am retired.

It's probably more than a little unlikely that I would be recalled to my first profession (so we can forget about that) But should I be required to act in either of the subsequent professions (and I have been recalled) should I be obliged to work for nothing?

If you want me (if my skills are so important) I would only work on a 'pro rata' basis ... but I set the rate.

I'm not asked to work very often, but when I am, my employer pays me adequately.

I have no problem with that at all.

Why do want to impress me, Rupert?

Because you sound like a boring fart.

I couldn't put that better myself, I am currently working on a contract basis. I think every company will at some point employ or use short term labour. If the OP has such a problem with it, is it because he/she has never done it. Yes the rewards are fairly substantial, but look at the downside, no holiday pay, no sickness etc etc. Essentially it's easy in easy out labour, and if you aren't working, you aren't earning.

I couldn't put that better myself, I am currently working on a contract basis. I think every company will at some point employ or use short term labour. If the OP has such a problem with it, is it because he/she has never done it. Yes the rewards are fairly substantial, but look at the downside, no holiday pay, no sickness etc etc. Essentially it's easy in easy out labour, and if you aren't working, you aren't earning.

You think thats a good thing do you?

Catchhand labour?

It may be for young men, with no responsibilities.

But what when you are older, with a wife and family.

The lark finishes then, and you have to buckle down.

If you are retired and a pensioner, why are you still working?

You are doing a younger man out of a job.

rupert bear brags he has 3 pensions paid for by the british people but still does younger men out of work.

This is not acceptable.

Retired men should leave the rowing benches.

Personally speaking and being on both sides of the fence at different times, I do think it's a good thing.

I'm not retired, and again speaking personally I'm self employed, what do you suggest, pack it all in and live in a box?

No, pack it in and enjoy being retired.

You do not have to work you know.

Let younger men do it.

That is what life is all about.

from 1st oct after working 12 weeks you will have some rights as a worker on the books. just because your classed as self employed in the agencies eyes dosent mean you actually are its a easy get out clause for them to hire and fire you at will.

Archived