Employers not sending job rejection letters, it`s completely unacceptable.

I guess with the number of people looking for work and the number of jobs actually available, it would be too costly for employers to respond these days

What is costly about it, most people these days have email and include it on their CV. It will not cost much in time to send an email saying sorry you were unsuccessful. As someone else said there are people that email a CV in so they have the email address it isn't like they even have to type it in. Companies could say on the advertised post that if you have not heard from us after a certain number of days you have not been successful in your application, I have seen this before and at least people would know.

What is costly about it, most people these days have email and include it on their CV. It will not cost much in time to send an email saying sorry you were unsuccessful. As someone else said there are people that email a CV in so they have the email address it isn't like they even have to type it in. Companies could say on the advertised post that if you have not heard from us after a certain number of days you have not been successful in your application, I have seen this before and at least people would know.

Good post imo.

A lot of the jobs I applied for recently have required either for you to fill in an online form which requests your email address or email a copy of your CV with a brief covering email.

Out of over 100, I have recieved 2 replies (Sky, Asda).

It's not hard to create a generic email template to email out to unsuccessful clients. Load the template, click the names of the recipients and hit send. All of what 10-15 mins of work if you have to create the template.

Half the jobs I've applied for have been advertised by the Jobcentre website, I would like to think that the JC would have thought about this issue and said that employers must acknowledge applicants if they advertise with them.

I agree. A standard rejection letter, second class stamp and envelope cost very little or even an email. which is free...Most employers have some meaningless equal opps policy where they claim to treat everyone with respect, they don't practice what they preach...

Don't get me started about "equal opportunities" mate! I know from bitter experience they just say because they legally HAVE to, doesn't mean they actually practice it.

Good post imo.

A lot of the jobs I applied for recently have required either for you to fill in an online form which requests your email address or email a copy of your CV with a brief covering email.

Out of over 100, I have recieved 2 replies (Sky, Asda).

It's not hard to create a generic email template to email out to unsuccessful clients. Load the template, click the names of the recipients and hit send. All of what 10-15 mins of work if you have to create the template.

Half the jobs I've applied for have been advertised by the Jobcentre website, I would like to think that the JC would have thought about this issue and said that employers must acknowledge applicants if they advertise with them.

Don't expect that from the Job Centre, it's hard enough to get a proper response from that bunch of clueless cretins as it is.

Don't get me started about "equal opportunities" mate! I know from bitter experience they just say because they legally HAVE to, doesn't mean they actually practice it.

Been there. One rejection I got REFUSED to give me the reason. Give that the company was taking on younger people than me and is still advertising vacancies, I'm going with the assumption that it was my age that they didn't like ("wrong" side of 25).

I aced their online apptitude test so it can't have been that I wasn't suitable in any other way.

I saw the same program as the OP and its true. I apply for jobs and send a C.V with covering letter via email. I send the application always with high priority and a read receipt (if i get the read receipt back i have some knowledge that they have "seen" it) but very rarely if ever get a reply. It doesn't take long to send a generic email to applicants who have not been successful.

When I was jobhunting, I did get into the habit of enclosing a SAE along with my CV....and asked them to sent it back with just YES or NO written on it if they didn't have to staff to type out a proper reply.

Archived