Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

cottam

Thanks very much for the reply. I will try the 'phone number on Monday and let you know if I get anywhere.

My father never spoke about his time in care. I really wish I had asked him whilst I had the chance. These things start to become very important as we grow older ourselves and I would love to know what happened to him during these missing years. Thanks again for your trouble.

Hi Veronica now have a letter (via Munne) for a request for information,This letter was address to

Community Services,Redvers House ,Sheffield,postal code a little faint but it looks like S1 Z/2 It says the request will be looked into, may take a little time they have to protect the party's who don't want their info gave out ,Also on a different note M Dunn's book on Fullwood "For love of Children" can be obtain at W.H Smith as yet not read it suppose to be a little tongue in cheek but it might make interesting reading

• 3 weeks later...
hi any info on fch greatly appreciated my grandfather was in the home in 1917 are records available i was told they had all been destroyed can anyone help thanks

keeley

hi mollymoon there are some photos in city library ask for hildreth collection

also try sheffield archives shoreham street

terry needham

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Terry Needham.I remember you, were you in number 2.I was in 17 and my name was Glenda Fearnehough,also my brother Rex who joined the Merchant navy,(or should i say was joined) My other brother was also there in 9 his name is Rodney.Rex was in 8.I have just caught up with Brian Ali after all those years.I was there from in about 1949 to 1953 aprox. awaiting your reply

Hi Adrian I cant remember the name of the road we lived in but I can remember I had a kind of arch and when you get through it the was a big hill that I played on I cant remember any naghbours at all when I was at sea I went to canada alot of times some of the places I went to was montreall Lasall

on the st Lurence

Wilf

think that might be the big arch what used to be on bamforth street.....the land used to be a brewery was demolished about 1920 i think and we kids used to play onwhat was left ...you could get in at te bottom from bamforth street and the top at high house road ....you me and flyer had one thing in common...we all lived off penistone road near daniel doncasters and we were all in fch

think that might be the big arch what used to be on bamforth street.....the land used to be a brewery was demolished about 1920 i think and we kids used to play onwhat was left ...you could get in at te bottom from bamforth street and the top at high house road ....you me and flyer had one thing in common...we all lived off penistone road near daniel doncasters and we were all in fch

sorry...thats two things....my maths is getting worse:loopy:

sorry...thats two things....my maths is getting worse:loopy:

but your mind is much sharper ,I could never describe that piece of land I seem to remember calling it "Kimmers Hill", Brewery name?or more likely Penistone rd slang:D:D:D:D

hi all ex-homers i was in fch from may1943 till 1951 went to greystones junior then to pomona street also my brother len he was in no8 my sister catherine (now passed away) she was in 12 . i was in no5 miss jenkinson but was moved after running away was moved to miss fields no7 our len went to welesly naval school i went on british rail had digs at 285 graville road. i remember jimmy toaster jumping off the bus on oakbrook road he finshed in hospital after hitting tha wall remember the snow of 1947 . there is lots of pictures in sheffield city library (called the hildreth collection) you can veiw them there but cannot get much information from the archives on shoreham street. went to re-union in2000 had a great day . hope all ex homers are ok and a merry xmas to all

terry needham:thumbsup: