Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

cottam

Terry I sit here wondering if we ever ran away together 43&44 being my prime yrs,if anyone was going I would often get asked because i was going anyway I think I stopped by 46 And a merry Xmas to you & all:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
hi the girl called sylvia could be my sister in law as sylvia and her sister where in fullwood cottage homes about that time if you want more info get in touch as my wife is always talking about the homes we went there a few weeks ago and they are all private dwellings now

hi the girl called sylvia could be my sister in law as sylvia and her sister where in fullwood cottage homes about that time if you want more info get in touch as my wife is always talking about the homes we went there a few weeks ago and they are all private dwellings now

--------------CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR WIFE`S MAIDEN NAME

IT MIGHT BE OF SOME HELP TA.

could be I know about everything else got bent Wilf & I where pals a long time I seem to think we got split in different class's at Greystone I don;t know if wilf remembers this,but in all his beatings he would never cry so a bunch of 13-14 a-holes got round him and started punching him to try & make him cry so there were some pretty nastie's around that were not house mothers :mad::mad::mad:

I was in FCH From 1948 To 1954 can't remember a lot about it other than being in house 6 i think.

I clearly remember a boy climbing the railings at the back of the house posssibly to try and escape but became impailed on the metal spike!! anyone remember this.

Also the summer camps at Marsk/ Saltburn when we had new shorts, and sandals with crepe soles!!

Went to Lydgate Lane Primary school the one with the playground on the roof!!

I was in FCH From 1948 To 1954 can't remember a lot about it other than being in house 6 i think.

I clearly remember a boy climbing the railings at the back of the house posssibly to try and escape but became impailed on the metal spike!! anyone remember this.

Also the summer camps at Marsk/ Saltburn when we had new shorts, and sandals with crepe soles!!

----------------

hi suffolk boy,

the lad that fell on that gate was tommy botham,

now lives in lincolneshire, he was also in no6 at some point.

would we know you by name,---- i`am barry cornthorpe

i was in no2 home.

Hi suffolk boy. I would have been a resident of FCH the same time as you (circa early 1950s). I tried to PM you but couldn't. Do you have a name? I was in Cottage #9 under the house-parent Miss (Rosemary) Bower.

Feel free to PM me your name if you'd rather.