Memories of Fulwood Cottage Homes

cottam

If been reading whats been said about how the children were treated in fulwood cottage homes . If any of the staff responsible are still living, they should be dragged before the courts and be made to pay for their actions. My brothers and sister were in the homes during the late 50s early 60s.All these years they never spoke about their time there. Would love to hear from anyone who remembers them. Their names are TOMMY...NEIL....RONNIE AND MARGARET KEENAN.

Hi, anyone remember my mother Florence Layberry or brother Reginald Layberry, both in Fullwood. Not sure of date, must have been 1940 ish. She eventually became a house mother, but never really spoke of the time she spent there(now i have an idea why). Also anyone know a Terry Jennings. Sadly my mother has passed away and Reg has just been admitted to a care home with dementia. However he still recalls his time in care, so i am hoping to learn a few stories and maybe sort some old photos out for him.

If been reading whats been said about how the children were treated in fulwood cottage homes . If any of the staff responsible are still living, they should be dragged before the courts and be made to pay for their actions. My brothers and sister were in the homes during the late 50s early 60s.All these years they never spoke about their time there. Would love to hear from anyone who remembers them. Their names are TOMMY...NEIL....RONNIE AND MARGARET KEENAN.

think all of the real evilones are long dead would however like to pee on their graves, it seems things changed very rapid after the war hear wild storys about dance's and trips to the sea unheard of in my day some of the 60s inmates seem to say thinging not that bad at that time:|:|

One thing I did notice about the FCH pupils at Lydgate Lane 1949-1954 was that they loved the school dinners. I thought they smelled of aluminium and were not at all appetising. I'm only guessing but wondered if the food was so rough at FCH that the school dinners were in fact, a bit of a treat.

One thing I did notice about the FCH pupils at Lydgate Lane 1949-1954 was that they loved the school dinners. I thought they smelled of aluminium and were not at all appetising. I'm only guessing but wondered if the food was so rough at FCH that the school dinners were in fact, a bit of a treat.

one thing I remember well I was always on the look out for food of any and all types, talk about Oliver Twist,we use to jump into the cattle mound on the way to Fullwood school to grab the odd turnip smash them on the road go along happy , now rushing home if your timing was perfect u could ask the witch in charge to scrape the rice dish somtime one sec early and it was a no you maent then another kid came in and got her blessing for the scrapeings and I got the washing up:mad::mad::mad:

I attended Lydgate Lane School 1952 to 1956, and well remember FCH children.

I did not realise the alleged abuses that were being carried out in those days, dont remember any complaints , I personally got on with them well .

Mike G comments from Hawarden , not far from Wrexham where I live and wonder what years he attended Lydgate , under head Peck ?

Gary Marshman

I attended Lydgate Lane School 1952 to 1956, and well remember FCH children.

I did not realise the alleged abuses that were being carried out in those days, dont remember any complaints , I personally got on with them well .

Mike G comments from Hawarden , not far from Wrexham where I live and wonder what years he attended Lydgate , under head Peck ?

Gary Marshman

Hi Gary. Have sent you a pm. Cheers, Mike

I was in the fulwood cottage homes in 1946to 1949 also was my youger brother david I left there and went to Blyth to join the merchant navy Does any one know of anybody there at that time W unwin

My name is John Needham I was at the Nether green school until 1951.

I was friendly with David Unwin who was in my class at Nether Green

and used to come home with me to Parkers lane, broomhill.

I didn't know he had a brother. He never mentioned it. He would be about 74

now.

My name is John Needham I was at the Nether green school until 1951.

I was friendly with David Unwin who was in my class at Nether Green

and used to come home with me to Parkers lane, broomhill.

I didn't know he had a brother. He never mentioned it. He would be about 74

now.

David died a few yrs back Wilf his brother was in South Shield but not heard from him in while ,Check on this thread and others for "munne"that is Wilf