Ebay etiquette: time allowed for payment?

hi, i know not sheffield linked but could do with some advice...

im a newbie to ebay selling.. how long would you leave a completed successful bid before nudging the buyer to make their payment..

i.e.... had an auction completed approx 48 hrs ago, but am still awaiting pmt.. how long is an acceptable time before reminding the buyer they need to pay... dont want to be too pushy if thats not the done thing.. i will only end up receiving negatvie feedback ... any advice would be welcome

xxxx

sold lots on ebay they pay anytime from instant to a week depends on type of item and value, not everone checks there bids all the time etc some go away on hols send them an invoice reminder in a couple of day, alternatively in the future put on your listing immediate payment required or within x no of days etc so its clear what you expect

I once bought something on eBay, can't remember what it was though, and I actually completely forgot to pay for it! :loopy:

That was my one and ONLY ever negative feedback, and as it was over 12 months ago it no longer counts to my feedback score, I have 100% positive as both a buyer and seller! Yay!

24 hours max for payment unless its a pickup purchase, i pay as soon as its won as i want the item and also want good feedback, e-mail them straight away if i were you

I wouldn't expect payment that soon. I usually pay for items as soon as I win them but sometimes I don't log on and check for a few days. I don't expect everyone to be able to access the internet every single day. I would say 3 days is a reasonable amount of time to pay within, after this I would send a polite request for payment.

Archived