Ebay etiquette: time allowed for payment?

Why thank you, it's nice to there is still faith in your fellow human beings. The guy who bought our former caravan was like this. I had said I wanted cash on collection but agreed to take cheque, he sent it and it cleared bank before he knew my address or where caravan was situated. He was one great guy, hat's off to Ollie:clap::clap:
how could he have sent the cheque for it to be cleared if as you say it was before he knew your address or where the caravan was situated?:huh:

hi, i know not sheffield linked but could do with some advice...

im a newbie to ebay selling.. how long would you leave a completed successful bid before nudging the buyer to make their payment..

i.e.... had an auction completed approx 48 hrs ago, but am still awaiting pmt.. how long is an acceptable time before reminding the buyer they need to pay... dont want to be too pushy if thats not the done thing.. i will only end up receiving negatvie feedback ... any advice would be welcome

xxxx

you can go into site preffs and make the number of days for them to pay be default and after that time ebay opens a case for you ive set mine to 4 days so than gives them a nudge to pay or if they dont pay ebay issues a strike against the buyer

how could he have sent the cheque for it to be cleared if as you say it was before he knew your address or where the caravan was situated?:huh:

oooops - senior moment with home address :blush::roll::roll::roll: Caravan was kept on site, he had no idea where it was - trust you to spot my deliberate error

On my personal ebay page, i state payment is to be made within 3 days so they know this before bidding. they will get a reminder after a day or two. if it gets to 5 days they get a non paying bidder report put in to ebay so i can at least claim back the final value portion of the selling fees if they dont pay, they then get about a further 5 days to pay before they get a strike on their account from ebay.

the worst thing is when you have 'buy it now' only auctions and people have clicked to buy there and then, and then dont actually pay - this is the reason why my ebay shop listings are all 'immediate payment only' and so the item isnt sold to them until they actually pay. got completely sick of having to file non payment reports and relist things because sadly some people think it is acceptable to bid on everything to win and then only pay for the one they decide they actually want afterwards >:o

Archived