What do you think of group buying sites?

Hi

I'm currently studying for a marketing course and have an assignment due on new marketing channels and group buying sites like KGB or Groupon.

I'm looking for some 1st hand research for my project and have set up this survey - would be really grateful if people could fill in and let me know what your thoughts are - here's the link;

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GPZCGPG[/url]

Interested to find out if many people actually buy the deals that get sent out in all the emails and if they do buy them what the experience is like.

Many thanks

Harris

ha ha, know what you mean, what phrase do you prefer - just 'daily deal'?

Thanks for completing though :)

Seen quite a few posts on hear about the sites in Sheffield - lots of people seem to really like but almost same volume who've had really bad experiences.

I'm really interested in exploring if we are going to start seeing deal fatigue, are people just getting fed up of too many emails and only so many times you want to see an offer for whiter teeth???

I don't think there will be deal fatigue, although when Groupon first started offering teeth whitening to today the amounts sold have gone down loads, but a new trend will come in.

I think daily deals sites (yeah, my preferred name) will become more local. The big boys to do my job have:

4 sales reps

1 sales manager

1 sales director

Copywriter

Marketer

Finance

And a marketing budget of more than my yearly income no doubt. It just isn't sustainable in that format.

I think niche sites will also flourish.

We tend to mix the. Deals up alot, so we have lots of beauty deals (as there are loads of salons) but we also do stuff like pc repairs, man and a van, we have a family ticket for the butterfly house also. The deals may not sell as many, but we like to offer all kinds of things

I don't think there will be deal fatigue, although when Groupon first started offering teeth whitening to today the amounts sold have gone down loads, but a new trend will come in.

I think daily deals sites (yeah, my preferred name) will become more local. The big boys to do my job have:

4 sales reps

1 sales manager

1 sales director

Copywriter

Marketer

Finance

And a marketing budget of more than my yearly income no doubt. It just isn't sustainable in that format.

I think niche sites will also flourish.

We tend to mix the. Deals up alot, so we have lots of beauty deals (as there are loads of salons) but we also do stuff like pc repairs, man and a van, we have a family ticket for the butterfly house also. The deals may not sell as many, but we like to offer all kinds of things

Sounds great I'm converted :) x

Hmm, I'm surprised this thread's still open, usually when students ask us to do surveys the Mods close the thread telling us to PM the OP if we wish to help with their research :rolleyes:

Archived