Penny for the guy, banned?

I thought penny for the guy was to be banned or has been banned because it was classed as begging :huh:

i could be wrong though and by the vast amount of group of kids i have come across, slumped up against several shop doorways, i assume iam wrong!

today i came across 4 different groups of kids, one of which came knocking on my car door before i even got out to visit the shop, asking if i could spare a penny!

now i dont mind giving if i have got it to give, i always do normally with a bit of spare change, i always thought theres no real harm in it, but... the kids are getting more and more cheeky in order to get it, like knocking on peoples car windows :o my husband works as a courier and often delivers to several shops in a day, last week he didnt have any change to give left over, due to the 6 other groups of kids he had already given to earlier that day, the cheeky sods let down a tyre on his work van whilst he was inside the shop because of it!

so, is penny for the guy banned and if not, should it be?

Archived