Italian classes?

dent

I've just signed up with Open University to learn Italian. So far the course seems pretty good (it only started this week) and there are quite a few people from Sheffield on it so I'm hoping we'll be able to meet up and practice together.

Hi polegrrrl

glad to hear you have started the Italian course at the Open University.It's a good course - I have just finished the next course also with the OU called Vivace.

It's great to hear that a few people from Sheffield are doing the course.They were not that many when I went to the tutorials in Leeds for the beginners course.It's definitely recommended to get some speaking practice - better still if you can get a cheap flight over to Italy once you have done a bit more of the course all the better.The natives really appreciate people that have a go with the language - I went to Rome and Naples a few weeks back and it was fabulous.

Good luck !

One of the reasons I've signed up for it is that I've booked for Carnavale in Venice next year (its in February) followed by a week touring around looking at stuff - can't wait! :D I want to at least be able to order stuff in the cafes while I'm there...

Archived