Thieving Scrap Men - How Low Can They Go!

In which case the police need to be targeting the scrap dealers with the same zeal they do the average motorist.

This will give us the problem that average bloke, cleairing out his scrap bin every month or so will come under suspiscion.

The difference between bits of pipework and fittings, etc. is a world away from bronze plaques engraved with ther names of fallen heroes is it not?

This stuff is not going through the normal channels at all, it cant be.

Every scrappy I know is as right wing as Attila the Hun, anyone desecrating a war memorial would not get a look in.

With regards to scrap men, the police are doing something about it. There was a post on here last week regarding the ongoing police operation. Other than the above, there is not much they can do... they haven't got the resources to watch every war memorial 24/7 and from what I read on here, people are reluctant to report scrap men they see in their locality.

I have the evidence that they aren't doing enough as I have actually reported a theft and nothing could be done according to the police which is their usual answer ! So no they aren't doing anything to prevent the thefts. :)

I have the evidence that they aren't doing enough as I have actually reported a theft and nothing could be done according to the police which is their usual answer ! So no they aren't doing anything to prevent the thefts. :)

Well, I have evidence they are doing what they can to combat this trend. I have seen the roadside stop and searches, especially down on Penistone Road.

This is because all the thieving is being done Gypsies.

For some reason the police are frightened to death of them.

I cannot fathom why, for they would have the full backing of all of us if they had the cajones to crack down on them

This is because all the thieving is being done Gypsies.

For some reason the police are frightened to death of them.

I cannot fathom why, for they would have the full backing of all of us if they had the cajones to crack down on them

Yes the police are frightened to death of them and I'd like to know why :mad:

Archived