'I am part of the most selfish generation in history', says Paxman

What a pointless reply. Especially when your own post replying to the post I was, was also wrt housing.

Almost as pointless as this thread. You started off with a good topic, but then, inevitably, went down the usual path. Why bother dressing up your threads... you might as well say it how it is. Don't beat about the bush!

How about having a "Housing Megathread" ;)

I think we should reinstate the Parker Morris standards. I believe over time, we should increase those standards further still.
Back to my question, should everybody be entitled to their own house?

Even if they choose not to work and put anything into the sytem?

Almost as pointless as this thread. You started off with a good topic, but then, inevitably, went down the usual path. Why bother dressing up your threads... you might as well say it how it is. Don't beat about the bush!

How about having a "Housing Megathread" ;)

I presume you haven't read either the OP or the article linked to it.

When the first of the Baby-Boomers were beginning to think about settling down, 425,000 homes were built in Britain. Last year, the total was just over 100,000 — fewer than in any year since 1923.

It covers housing.

And access to housing for the younger generations is paramount to the future well being of this nation state.

You might aswell say, "Why bother typing in English on an English forum?"

The four main things to consider are access to housing, education, jobs and pensions (i.e. a decent retirement at a reasonable age).

I presume you haven't read either the OP or the article linked to it.

It covers housing.

And access to housing for the younger generations is paramount to the future well being of this nation state.

You might aswell say, "Why bother typing in English on an English forum?"

The four main things to consider are access to housing, education, jobs and pensions (i.e. a decent retirement at a reasonable age).

There are plenty of houses, I have never had any problem finding affordable housing or somewhere to live.

The housing thing was only a small part of Paxman's discussion, by the way.

Archived