Poorest people spend more on VAT than richest.

I thought illegal drugs were the essential choice of the poor and they are vat free.

Its time VAT was added to all illegal drugs as well.:D

I smoke ganja and would be prepared to pay tax upon it, including VAT, as I don't think ganja is an essential.

Hopefully the authorities will legalise it and let folks like me pay tax!

(Only a pot head would plead with the authorities whom persecute him to pay tax :hihi:)

Even better, they could just sell licenses to grow it, and provide units in an area near to a firestation for safety reasons.

Well, I can take that post just about as seriously as I can all of your others.

I don't smoke, but I do enjoy hunting - should ammunition be a tax-free essential for me?

Do you belong to the Wharncliffe Side Hunt?Is there much big game in South Yorkshire or do you pot pigeons and vermin?

Do you belong to the Wharncliffe Side Hunt?Is there much big game in South Yorkshire or do you pot pigeons and vermin?
You may or may not be aware, but mankind has access to transport using internal combustion engines, making travel beyond county and national boundaries quite accessible these days.

The poorer people are spending more of their money on VAT accruing items as a % of income.

Clearly too many of the basics attract VAT.

Fags and beer as the most obvious example.

Wouldn't it be simpler to say that people who earn least tend to spend it, where as people who earn more have a bit left over to invest?

Its hardly rocket science is it? Unless you are simply trying to play politics.

Archived