Cleaning product has damaged carpet

A cleaning product has damaged a carpet(it stated on the bottle it was ok for carpets)

So my plan of action is to write to the retailer advising of this damage(own label product) advising of damage done and cost to replace carpet.

If i don't get the desired response i shall send them an NBA(notice before action) and then issue a county court claim holding them liable for the replacement carpet.

Has anyone done this before?

I need to get my first step right and get the wording as good as possible.

Any help would be appreciated....

Which cleaning product was it?

As already stated by Grandad.Malky they usually have some form of wording that gives them a "get-out" clause. I have never come across one that doesn't say something along the lines of "test on a small area first."

A cleaning product has damaged a carpet(it stated on the bottle it was ok for carpets)

So my plan of action is to write to the retailer advising of this damage(own label product) advising of damage done and cost to replace carpet.

If i don't get the desired response i shall send them an NBA(notice before action) and then issue a county court claim holding them liable for the replacement carpet.

Has anyone done this before?

I need to get my first step right and get the wording as good as possible.

Any help would be appreciated....

Get a professional carpet-cleaning firm in: NOT to make good the mess but, instead, to inspect it and write you a proper report on the firm's findings. Evidence, you see.

Archived