Cleaning product has damaged carpet

Not a cat in hells chance of any litigation succeeding. Put your specs on and read the label again, 10/1 it will say to test on a small bit of the carpet that cannot be seen. Probably says use at your own risk as well.

Regards

Angel.

I can assure you it does not.

Not a cat in hells chance of any litigation succeeding. Put your specs on and read the label again, 10/1 it will say to test on a small bit of the carpet that cannot be seen. Probably says use at your own risk as well.

Even if so, that does not necessarily preclude litigation (nor an insurance claim).

Thanks Jeffrey thats a good idea.

Its how i put it across that is the main thing. I think the threat of sueing them will soon make them pay up to save hassle etc

First things first as you need to approach it in stages.

Have you been in touch with the store where you bought the cleaner from with your complaint and asked to speak to the manager, that would be the first approach.

If that outcome is negative you will then need to write to the registered company trading address of the store, normally the head office. In that letter you will need to point out the problems you have encountered (no warnings on the product) and the damaged caused.

That outcome will then determine your next step which normally would be getting an expert to confirm the product did the damage and not you by miss-using it. That will cost you but on a successful claim that cost should be refunded.

If you then decide to take out a small claim the judge will take into account the above steps.

Saying own brand and oxygen based is very vague so can you supply the exact name and details of the product as that would help.

A cleaning product has damaged a carpet(it stated on the bottle it was ok for carpets)

So my plan of action is to write to the retailer advising of this damage(own label product) advising of damage done and cost to replace carpet.

If i don't get the desired response i shall send them an NBA(notice before action) and then issue a county court claim holding them liable for the replacement carpet.

Has anyone done this before?

I need to get my first step right and get the wording as good as possible.

Any help would be appreciated....

I wouldn't bother, they'll have a disclaimer somewhere

I see this alot in 24 years of being a professional carpet and upholstery cleaner working for insurance approved companies I have NEVER heard of ayone who has sued and won a case, you have to be honest with yourself and say did you rub or scrub? the carpet fibres will tell the truth to an inspector who may come out to assess your carpet.

Good luck

Shaun

Archived