A Ban on Trick or Treating?

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/a-fifth-back-trick-or-treat-ban?ucsort=2#ic-anchor

Now, whether you love it or loathe it, it's a heap of fun for children. So I speak for many when I say NO.

I understand however that this festive activity may be ruined by the minority who use this as an opportunity to commit crimes, some violent, but I don't think this should lead to a banning on it! There are some young 'uns round where I live who we give treats to every year and I've never known of any trouble in the 15+ years I've been here.

So no, I don't think it should be banned. A change in rules and regulations maybe. Perhaps parental accompaniment maybe a good idea and the idea that EVERYONE has to give something to kids should be lifted.

I don't know, but what are your guys thoughts on it?

Now, whether you love it or loathe it, it's a heap of fun for children. So I speak for many when I say NO.

I understand however that this festive activity may be ruined by the minority who use this as an opportunity to commit crimes, some violent, but I don't think this should lead to a banning on it! There are some young 'uns round where I live who we give treats to every year and I've never known of any trouble in the 15+ years I've been here.

So no, I don't think it should be banned. A change in rules and regulations maybe. Perhaps parental accompaniment maybe a good idea and the idea that EVERYONE has to give something to kids should be lifted.

Won't happen, it's an American thing, and everyone knows the UK Government simply HAS to do everything the Yanks do, seeing as D Cameron and chums are so far up Barack Obama's arse it's not funny.

Won't happen, it's an American thing, and everyone knows the UK Government simply HAS to do everything the Yanks do, seeing as D Cameron and chums are so far up Barack Obama's arse it's not funny.

Really? I remember doing it 35 years ago. It's part of our culture and should be promoted.

I remember a few years ago some of the scumballs around the Lindsay Avenue area were knocking on the doors and if nobody answered the scumball dads stood at the bottom of the path were asking their kids to try the doors to see if they were open.

Yes, the government implemented Halloween, of course they did. I think it was Thatcher. She swapped 1 litre of miners' blood for a Halloween mask.

And it's not a US tradition, Halloween has been around much longer than the US.

:evil:

Its heaps of fun for adults, watching their little faces light up in terror when you frighten the living daylights out of them, and if they don’t run away in terror they even get some sweets. A good night all round.:evil:

Archived