Would disability put you off dating someone?

Would disability put you off dating someone?

What kind of a question is that? of course it would and anyone who would say otherwise is probably lying. Then again, there are those people who would date people with a disability just to try and prove the point that the disability is not is not an issue.

Blindness is a disability, it isn't all about being severely handicapped.

I think that is an entirely separate issue in my view. Loving someone and sticking by them when they're struck down with some horrible degenerative disease or permanently injured in an accident is not the same as embarking on a relationship with someone who already has a disability or disease.

Yeah you are correct, I'm just thinking as I go along in response to the thread evolving.

I'd like to appear to be all caring, comapssionate and open minded and say it wouldn't bother me, but if I'm honest it probably would bother me, depending on the dissability.

Having said that, someone being too tall, too short, too fat, too thick would bother me too.

So according to this thread, someone like me is doomed to be single forever! So much for my "5 year plan" to be hitched with at least one child before I'm 40 (I'm 35 and half now).
Not necessarily, though from what you've said on the forum you have quite a challenge ahead of you to get into stable employment so you'll be in a position to raise a family.

My friend has M.S. it was diagnosed about 10 years ago, she is a single parent with two girls aged 17 and 12 and has had two quite abusive relationships, she had been on her own with the girls for 2 years and about 18 months ago met a lovely man, he is brilliant with the girls and with my friend too and she has never been happier,

Her eldest daughter is a very good carer for her, and she has a designated M.S. nurse and case worker who help out. But since meeting this man her daughter has been able to go out with friends more, has met a boyfriend herself and is a whole lot happier as he has taken some of the responsibility from her.

My friend herself has good spells but then she has really bad spells where she can't walk, becomes incontinent and even loses her sight but this has not put him off at all.

So there are some real men out there, who are not put off by responsibility or disabilty.

My friend has M.S. it was diagnosed about 10 years ago, she is a single parent with two girls aged 17 and 12 and has had two quite abusive relationships, she had been on her own with the girls for 2 years and about 18 months ago met a lovely man, he is brilliant with the girls and with my friend too and she has never been happier,

Her eldest daughter is a very good carer for her, and she has a designated M.S. nurse and case worker who help out. But since meeting this man her daughter has been able to go out with friends more, has met a boyfriend herself and is a whole lot happier as he has taken some of the responsibility from her.

My friend herself has good spells but then she has really bad spells where she can't walk, becomes incontinent and even loses her sight but this has not put him off at all.

So there are some real men out there, who are not put off by responsibility or disabilty.

Like your post with exception to the last line. A "real" man/woman can also be defined by acknowledging their shortcomings where a disabled/relationship is concerned. Better to be honest outright than to get into a relationship you probably got into just for a quicky.

As someone has already pointed out..disability can be as small as 2 inches or as much as 2lbs...or both.

Archived