Would disability put you off dating someone?

Ive had plenty of people turn me down just because I'm disabled. I also went out with one lass who after 9 month cheated on me with a mate then told me she wouldnt kiss or cuddle me in public and always walked 2 steps behind my wheelchair because she was embarrassed of me.

It really gets me down sometimes

Ive had plenty of people turn me down just because I'm disabled. I also went out with one lass who after 9 month cheated on me with a mate then told me she wouldnt kiss or cuddle me in public and always walked 2 steps behind my wheelchair because she was embarrassed of me.

That's vile, Blue Dragon... She obviously didn't deserve you, end-of!

I can actually see both sides of it. It is quite similar to the word 'gay'. Which has been hijacked by people using it in a negative way to describe something which they don't like.

The word 'gay' was an inocent word which meant being happy, but over the years its been hyjacked to mean homosexual, then hyjacked again for the above.

Why did she go out with you in the first place if that were her attitude? Presumably you were a wheelchair user at the outset?

The word 'gay' was an inocent word which meant being happy, but over the years its been hyjacked to mean homosexual, then hyjacked again for the above.

Does it really matter? There is a whole range of other adjectives you can use to describe being happy.

BTW why can't it still be innocent when it used to refer to orientation?

• 2 months later...

No, it wouldn't in fact it does not.

Being healthy young woman i am in relationship with multiple amputee for 3 years now and month ago we got engaged.

You don't love someone because they healthy or have a normal body proportion, you love them for what they have inside, and it is sad seeing how narrow minded and shallow people can be.

Our relationship is not much different than any other, yes, he needs more care and help some tasks but overall we live a normal life and have normal plans for a future.

Hope this answers your question.

The whole process of partner selection at a biological level is for single to find the best geno stock to mate with. Things like facial symatry, althetic body, dress sence, and health body, all signal to the opposite sex, "hey my genes are top notch"

Afraid not been up to scratch in the looks or physical fitness is a fact of live when it comes to coupling up. Yes there area acceptions to the rules.

The whole process of partner selection at a biological level is for single to find the best geno stock to mate with. Things like facial symatry, althetic body, dress sence, and health body, all signal to the opposite sex, "hey my genes are top notch"

Afraid not been up to scratch in the looks or physical fitness is a fact of live when it comes to coupling up. Yes there area acceptions to the rules.

Totally agree.

At least from what my interpretation of what your saying is anyway.

There are certain people who's biological instinctiveness will over-ride their logical thinking cap and find a handicapped person less attractive because of their intrinsic desire as a human to find the most 'dominant' mate they can.

It's all part of evolution I'm afraid, disability just doesn't give off dominancy vibes.

We're wired to find fit and healthy mates.

Forumosaurus reminds me of the character from "Shallow Hal"

For degenerative mental deseases you would need alot of support from understanding friends and relatives who can step in and help out on the odd occasion and to let you know when you need a break.

Home carers get a roar deal so it would be good to get in touch with carer groups like the one on SF who can offer you advice and meet up with like minded people.

You do have to be very wary of orgaisations like social services who will try to take you to court for helping when they may see you as "controlling".

Archived