Would disability put you off dating someone?

no it would not put me off dating them because they have a disability at the end of the day everyone is special in there own way and my aunty has got m.s and has good and bad days at the end of the day you do not judge people you do not know because they are disabled and my dad was wheelchair bound with renal failure so before answering get to know someone disabled properly as my husband is disabled

Apparently Channel 4 have got a new documantary coming out soon called "The Undateables" which documents people with disabilities such as Tourettes & aspergers syndrome trying to find love via a dating agency.

Although there is an opportunity to show the challenges faced by disabled people, the fact that they've called it the undateables makes me wonder if they'll go down the sensationalist road & just go for the ratings.

But sometimes some people will find humour even when none was intended, such as when Blue Peter introduced Joey Deacon to the nation.

lets imagine you married someone& then they had a disability would you leave or would you stay. Can you honestly find the absolutly perfect person what if they squint or had a limp or wore magnified glasses cum on get real!

I see where you are coming from, but it's not really the same thing in all fairness.

If you married someone and they then became disabled, you wouldn't suddenly stop loving them. However...

If you met someone with a certain type of disability like it or not, it may stop you from being attracted to them, whether that's consciously or subconsciously. That's not to say I couldn't get with someone who has certain types of disabilitys, but it makes it less likely and much more work needs to be put in to it to get it to a stage where I would like them romantically.

For example, if I was in a club and there was someone who was extremely disfigured, chances are I'm not going to look at them and thing to myself that I would like to approach them. They could be the nicest person in the world, but initial attraction is a big deal.

This is Steven, My wife started commenting on this first,

Quote "lets imagine you married someone& then they had a disability would you leave or would you stay. Can you honestly find the absolutly perfect person what if they squint or had a limp or wore magnified glasses cum on get real!"

i am Disabled, i have fits and blackouts which can be violent if i have a fit and no one i know or trust is there, yeah that means my hearing is kind of still there, only my wife can come near me okay, i also am diagnosed with Co morbid Adhd and Aspergus, which is at the high end of the spectrum of autism and this is quoted on most pages to do with it, i also have to wear either sunglasses because i cannot stand bright light, also i have problems reading so i do have to wear normal glasses which have to be tinted, i have also been known to walk infront of buses and lorries without knowing they were there, i nearly pulled my wife infront of one in sheffield, so come on get real, how do you think my wife copes with all this...??

i will tell you, she has a heart of gold and loves me to bits as i do love my wife to bits, we never argue, we play fight and i always loose and i do not mind it, we both love the same things and listen to mostly to the same things, and we do things together, my wife is also my full time carer... the next quote may be my wife talking.... she was not happy with this quote at all.

Archived