Car parked in my space

Hi all.

I have a space to park my car included with the rental of my property. Someone else has decided to park their car in my space. I have blocked the car in and left my contact details on the other car. My blocking of the car has left, I think just enough space for the other car park users to get into their spaces.

I phoned 101 and they told me the best option, as the car has a Dutch registration number, was for me to call a 'private towing company' to remove it. (As the council won't remove vehicles on private land) There is a sign up in the car park saying 'private property.'

What is the best course of action for me to take, and if I can legally get it towed away, can anyone recommend a company for me to use in Sheffield.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all.

I have a space to park my car included with the rental of my property. Someone else has decided to park their car in my space. I have blocked the car in and left my contact details on the other car. My blocking of the car has left, I think just enough space for the other car park users to get into their spaces.

I phoned 101 and they told me the best option, as the car has a Dutch registration number, was for me to call a 'private towing company' to remove it. (As the council won't remove vehicles on private land) There is a sign up in the car park saying 'private property.'

What is the best course of action for me to take, and if I can legally get it towed away, can anyone recommend a company for me to use in Sheffield.

Thanks in advance!

Now you know how the Palestinians feel.It does seem rather petty to get worked up about this,and I am sure if the driver is Dutch he may not be able to read any warning notice.However I would not mess with the Dutch from Rotterdam,as they are a bit sharp.

Where would you tow it to and who would pay for the storage?

Not sure, if anyone knows where I could let me know!

Also, I thought that you would have to have a sign stating that cars were at risk of being towed away - similar to you have to have a sign for clamping.

I don't know, but I would like to! Can anyone confirm this?

If so I might stick a sign up to avoid future issues of a similar ilk...

It does seem rather petty to get worked up about this

Your probably right. I'm sure you can understand why I feel angry though. At the end of the day I have paid for that space; its the proverbial equivalent of someone walking into your house without your permission and using your bathroom...

Your probably right. I'm sure you can understand why I feel angry though. At the end of the day I have paid for that space; its the proverbial equivalent of someone walking into your house without your permission and using your bathroom...

I hardly see the similarity as it would mean entering my house which is hardly something that can be done in error.You have deliberately blocked the escape of another driver effectively making a citizen's arrest.They may sue you for obstruction.Your action seems likely to exacerbate the situation and could be deemed provocative.I would not want to become angry over such a trivial matter.If the person were to persist then your action could be defended,at present you seem a little like Lord Snooty or Bertie Wooster

Archived