Black Pudding. To fry or not to fry.

le-joker

There's a farm shop by my sister's house that does the most fabulous breakfast roll for the farmers taking their produce into the shop. It's sausage, bacon, black pudding, mushrooms and egg all on a big breadcake :)

I'm a fan of using as much of the animals as possible, so eating the blood, which is very nutritious, is all part of that, along with eating the less perfect cuts and making stocks, stews and soups out of the bones. It is wasteful to only eat the bits that are prepackaged in supermarkets.

fried or raw love the stuff

Even cold it's not raw since it's already cooked when you buy it. I prefer it hot rather than cold and grilled rather than fried.

Edited by Nagel

We have similar here in Spain its called Morcilla sometimes has rice or herbs mixed in with it .Really is delicious but not as good as Sheffield Black pudding use to go to La Plata working mens club in the 60s cold pudding with raw onion it was to die for.I believe Friedrics butchers in the Wicker were famous for there Black Pudding.Good old Yorkshire grub.

We have similar here in Spain its called Morcilla sometimes has rice or herbs mixed in with it .Really is delicious but not as good as Sheffield Black pudding use to go to La Plata working mens club in the 60s cold pudding with raw onion it was to die for.I believe Friedrics butchers in the Wicker were famous for there Black Pudding.Good old Yorkshire grub.

Yes, Morcilla is very good ... the best I had was in Santander ... nowt in the Wicker these days apart from 24hr Pharmacy for the smackheads, Fried Chicken shops and Pakistani Restaurants ... all the pubs and shops have been demolished ... just a giant bus gate these days