Forgemasters Awarded Government Grant

It is great news that FM is getting the cash. I am no ConDem supporter but at least this government is not trying to turn us all into a nation of barmen and McD staff, like the Purse Snatcher did. They do appear to understand the importance of manufacturing.

It is great news that FM is getting the cash. I am no ConDem supporter but at least this government is not trying to turn us all into a nation of barmen and McD staff, like the Purse Snatcher did. They do appear to understand the importance of manufacturing.

Yes, better people are unemployed than working in McDs!

And how exactly does messing about with the financing demonstrate an understanding of the importance of manufacturing?

Yes, better people are unemployed than working in McDs!

And how exactly does messing about with the financing demonstrate an understanding of the importance of manufacturing?

I agree that it is better to be unemployed than working in McDs.

Making money available to manufacturing does tend to suggest that they attach some importance to it I would suggest.

The reasons have been explained. It's your prerogative to refuse to accept them. I'm happy enough with them, particularly since hindsight is vindicating the Gvt's original decision quite nicely, looks like a win for the taxpayers from where I'm standing.

This new loan is for a different purpose, no doubt there will be -accordingly- different Gvt strings attached to it. Particularly in terms of how many new jobs created (since at least part of the new loan is specifically for apprenticeships). Are you now objecting to the Gvt helping fund new job opportunities in Sheffield?

Is it because they is LibCons? :D

This conversation has been had on here.

Why did Forgemasters not go for private funding after the Gvt refused the loan?

Could it be that, since the "free" money (or money with less strings attached, at any rate) was not forthcoming, the business development case fell on its @rse?

Some investment opportunity that would have been for the Gvt :rolleyes:

They tried to get private funds BEFORE they approached the Govt. but the terms can't have been satisfactory.:rolleyes:

Have you not heard how that the Banksters are unwilling to lend businesses esp manufacturers money at present.

Archived