Soldier cuts off Afghans' fingers for war trophies

As a soldier serving with the Royal Artillery in Malaya I remember several fellow soldiers being charged with raping a Chinese girl and five others with assault and battery against bar girls, prostitutes and a male Malay employee at the camp.

Another soldier was arrested and charged with robbing a cab driver. When arrested by the MPs he had a small bag packed with sand which he had used as a sap

Two drivers in the battery had a fondness for running over dogs and poultry when driving their 2 ton Bedfords through Kampongs ( Malay villages)

Three other soldiers were charged with wrecking a bar in the town during a drunken brawl.

Civilian employees at the camp were openly referred to and sometimes addressed as "Noggies"

This was during peacetime I might add. No war. No battle stress. More a case of boredom, home sickness and a hatred of the environment and the indigenous people who were part of it.

Life in the military is not conducive to developing a sense of gentleness and sensitivity for the information of all of you who have never served.

I know that it is of no excuse but you were conscripts and there against your will.

To me, and many others, mercenaries are people hired to do a similar job to that of soldiers that are not employed within a national army (also footballers like Carlos Teves, but that's a different story!)

My bold= To you and many others who do not understand the true meaning of the word mercenery.

Merceneries are paid to fight, just because they carry arms in Afghanistan whilst working as private security does not mean you can correctly call the merceneries or they would be out fighting on the front line alongside the coalition.

When was the last security person captured or shot or captured whilst on frontline duty?

Merceneries were captured in Lybia recently, they were actualy employed to fight as part of Gadaffi's army not guard his property.

You aren't doing yourself any favours. Calling coalition soldiers 'mercenaries' and accusing them of heinous acts on the basis of one story.

You are quick to accuse the coalition forces, but yet neglect to condemn the actions of the taliban.

Agent orange you are aware that in fact mercenaries are used in these wars in Iraq and afganistan ?

I'm not calling the soliders mercenaries but the hundreds of thousands of contracted killers being used by the American and our governments .

But the mainstream media has conditioned the public to ignore that fact

That is a typical Westernerphobic view but anything that the barbaric, sexist Taliban did was ok including 911 etc, blowing up others ancient artifacs, funding worldwide terrorism, flogging and murdering women is ok by you.

You're quite happy for the Taleban to return and continue to murder shoolgirls on their way to school.

You call other members racist maybe you are the racist/sexist member here.

Here is another brainwashed example -

Since when has the Taliban ever attacked us ? ( expect since after the invasion?)

As for blowing up budda is that why we are now trying to remake the political structure of that country ?

Westenphobe is some one who does NOT support the true princlples of freedom and democracy !

Something western governments have not done for many many years .

Corporations now own and control the government - if you can see that I suffer you do a wee little more reading.

You also better do better than that if you wish to accuse me of racism !

Agent orange you are aware that in fact mercenaries are used in these wars in Iraq and afganistan ?

I'm not calling the soliders mercenaries but the hundreds of thousands of contracted killers being used by the American and our governments .

I'd rather believe the mainstream media than believe some guff you're told or read.

My bold= To you and many others who do not understand the true meaning of the word mercenery.
Many would say the meaning is defined by usage. Also originally the word had nothing to do with soldiering and merely meant someone who is motivated purely by money and personal gain.

So, when it comes to the 'true meaning' you don't really have an argument, etymology doesn't back you and neither does common usage, words don't mean what you want them to just because you want them to.

Merceneries are paid to fight, just because they carry arms in Afghanistan whilst working as private security does not mean you can correctly call the merceneries or they would be out fighting on the front line alongside the coalition.
Not necessarily no.

Merceneries were captured in Lybia recently, they were actualy employed to fight as part of Gadaffi's army not guard his property.
I'm not saying that all mercenaries do exactly the same job all the time, that would be silly.

Oooo please mecky we both know you are a racists hate filled person - last time you accused me of being a Muslim - like if it would be a insult !!!

Supporting the afghan government ?? Please you are having a giraffe .

The same government which is involved with drug dealing ?

The same government which is in power due to MASSIVE VOTE FRAUD?

The same government which is known to take bribes from near by countries ?

We are sacrificing for this afghan government ?

You expose your self when ever you accuse some one of siding with terrorists just because they don't agree with the murderous policys of the coporate government!!

You don't help people by invading them !

You don't free people by bombing them and occupying them!

You have a twisted manipulated view of reality ,

You've already lost

Yes, I am aware of contractors in Afghanistan and Iraq.

You show me the evidence and I might start believing you about these so-called contracted killers.

Apart from that, are you willing to condemn the Taliban?

Archived