Facebook Has Ruined The World.

OK. Explain to me why I need a FaceBook account.

Well firstly, you can claim to have hundreds of 'friends' (few if any of whom you'll meet).

Secondly, you can pretend to your 'friends' that your life is so exciting (which it would be if you spend all day on the computer) that you need to explain every detail of it.

'Just bought a paper. LOL!'

Thirdly, you can post piccies, which is as exciting as looking at somebody else's piccies (i.e. not at all)

Fourthly you can use the Jeremy Kyle contestant's tool of choice - WasteOfSpaceBook.

'You told me it woz his baybee on Facebook!'

Lead a normal life and steer clear (until the next must-have tool for morons comes out).

OK, so you'd say I could 'hardly be called normal'.

You, on the other hand, with your 37,736 posts in less than eight years (over 13 a day) are obviously 'normal'.

You're going to claim that using a forum is strange? That's a funny argument to make on a forum :hihi:

If you dismiss facebook without even understanding what it's for then yes, I'd say you're hardly normal.

If you'd tried it and didn't want to use it, that I could understand.

Let me analyse this a bit more closely for you though.

Well firstly, you can claim to have hundreds of 'friends' (few if any of whom you'll meet).

No. You can keep it to just real friends, that's what everyone I know does. The meeting of course comes before facebook, you don't 'friend' someone and then meet them in real life.

Secondly, you can pretend to your 'friends' that your life is so exciting (which it would be if you spend all day on the computer) that you need to explain every detail of it.

I suppose you could, but why would you?

It's no more likely than you emailing all your friends to pretend that something exciting just happened...

'Just bought a paper. LOL!'

Thirdly, you can post piccies, which is as exciting as looking at somebody else's piccies (i.e. not at all)

I like to see the pictures of holidays and nights out that I'm in, in the past I might never have seen them.

Fourthly you can use the Jeremy Kyle contestant's tool of choice - WasteOfSpaceBook.

'You told me it woz his baybee on Facebook!'

Lead a normal life and steer clear (until the next must-have tool for morons comes out).

Ermmm, maybe you need to watch day time tv to understand this, I don't on both counts.

Let me analyse this a bit more closely for you though.

No. You can keep it to just real friends, that's what everyone I know does. The meeting of course comes before facebook, you don't 'friend' someone and then meet them in real life.

I suppose you could, but why would you?

It's no more likely than you emailing all your friends to pretend that something exciting just happened...

I like to see the pictures of holidays and nights out that I'm in, in the past I might never have seen them.

Ermmm, maybe you need to watch day time tv to understand this, I don't on both counts.

You seem very defensive. This suggests that deep down you know that spending every minute of your leisure time hunched over your laptop looking at photos of other people's families is no substitute for going out to the pub and having a laugh with real life friends.

Archived