British Oak Pub on Carbrook Street

Awadan

Does anyone have any memories or especially photos, of the British Oak Pub that used to be on Carbrook Street at Attercliffe?

My grandparents, Herbert and Edith Allsop, used to have this pub when my father was a young lad and although he can tell many a tale about some of the regulars, we have never seen a photo of it. I have looked in many Attercliffe history-type publications but without success.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I have just spent the best part of an hour writing about the pub and my family, the Coldwells, who ran it from mid Victorian times to late 1800's, and then the forum required me to log in again and refused the password. I really should have written it on the word processor and then copied and pasted it in. My fault. If I have time I will do it again.

Nice to discover someone who knows about the pub and who may be connected with it.

KInd Regards,

Harry Bunker.

used to play darts in there,the landlord was george parker and his wife jenny.he then went to olive grove where i used to play darts as well.the british oak was a good old fashioned pub whose customers were mostly local carbrook people

Does anyone have any memories or especially photos, of the British Oak Pub that used to be on Carbrook Street at Attercliffe?

My grandparents, Herbert and Edith Allsop, used to have this pub when my father was a young lad and although he can tell many a tale about some of the regulars, we have never seen a photo of it. I have looked in many Attercliffe history-type publications but without success.

Hello Awadan,

I tried five times to post the subject, and once to reply to you, but I've been either timed out or nothing is being published. I don't know what to do next.

Harry P.C. Plod

I used the British Oak pub on occasions, would slip out of the Firth Derihon factory opposite for a few pints.in the early 1960's.

The lads from the night shift used the pub regularily , but they slipped out of the back door of the factory by the power supply.

Am trying to remember who the landlord was from all those years ago 1961 to 1964 ish.

Gary Marshman

North Wales

Archived