Looking for surviving Cravens Attercliffe workers!! 1950's/1960'/1970's

Rach1972

Im desperatley looking for people who worked in the old Cravens (Bone Cravens) factory at Darnall/Attercliffe in the 1950's/1960'/1970's.

My father died at the end of last year of 'Industrial' Lung Cancer.

He had always enjoyed excellent health throughout his life but after initial diagnosis, the Cancer only took 3 months! to take him from us.

Along with many of his co workers the Asbestos there contributed greatly to this, most of them dying of Asbestosis, mesothelioma, pleural plaques and related Lung Cancers.

My mum and the rest of our family are in the middle of discussions with solicitors concerning this but we need witnesses to corroborate his statement given before his death.

We have been in touch with some families who have lost loved ones who previously worked in the factory - but unfortunatley we are still no further in getting enough evidence of the conditions there as we have no 'eye witnesses' My dad seems to be one of the last survivors.

He helped many others over the years getting compensation for their illnesses by giving detailed plans of the layout and telling stories of the things the workers used to get up to - obviously not knowing the dangers they were exposing themselves to. He was there for over 27 years so was well known. He met my mum there, who also worked there for a few years.

If anyone has any stories, photos, or thinks they can help in any way please get in touch with me!

thank you

Rach

Sorry 'Black eyes' I cant respond to your PM, thats sounds great, if you could get in touch with them that would be great. My dad would have been 74 and was also there from aprenticeship, I'm sure they would have known each other.

If you could ask them if its ok, and PM me their contact details I will give them a call.

Thanks

Anyone else??

All these factory workers deserve justice!!

Good luck with this, My grand-dad Bernard Sharpe worked at Cravens in the 60's right throught to being made redundant in 1982. He died in 1996 at 74 of Bowel Cancer, I don't think this was connected to the job he used to do althought i'm not 100% certain of what his job involved.

always remember my dad mentioning bone cravens, hes younger than your dad was tho 64, hes still alive, but suffering from prostate cancer thats spreading, in fact he should be coming up here in a couple of weeks if hes well enough

My Dad worked there in the 50's or 60's sorry I can't remember exactly he died of Bronchopneumonia. Carcinomatosis.Primary Carcinoma of the stomach he blamed Cravans dust,please pm me my hubbby may be of help he worked in the building after Cravens.

Archived