UK economic growth rises to 0.5%

WeX

I'm wondering how much of this growth is directly attributable to the recent QE, by that I mean is this a false positive as opposed to the claim of a truly growing economy?
The growth figure is over the last quarter ('3 months'), the recent QE was announced only recently (last week?), so I doubt it's had any effect yet. Unless the economy was in recession until (last week?), then grew in near double-digit figures (last week?) ;)

I'm wondering how much of this growth is directly attributable to the recent QE, by that I mean is this a false positive as opposed to the claim of a truly growing economy?

QE started only very recently and these statistics always lag as well as being over a 3 month period. QE wont kick in until the next set of stats.

The UK economy is growing again it would seem.

The UK economy has been growing since the Spring but has quickened up a bit since summer. Forecasts are predicting a rougher time next year.

You seem to be really struggling to make your usual left wing point here.

Mecky left-wing? Mecky votes Labour and sounds like Alf Garnett. Mecky's not left-wing.

Politicians are still talking about growth growth growth. I only scraped a C in GCSE maths, but even I know that, at some point, sustainable growth won't be possible.

I think you'll find that people don't want to acknowledge this fact. The govt's own sustainable development commission published a document "Prosperity without Growth "and what did the govt do. They abolished the commision.Of course this is the elephant in the room .

Archived