Do garages inflate their prices when its an insurance job?

thanks for the reply s, i just thought they saw an opening to make a few extra bucks from it. its all going through insurance anyhow, but its a big excess for me so it was a expensive little bump from my point of view. i know before anyone says, my fault! yes i know, just these things happen sometimes, luckily it was a low speed one and one one was injured.

You dont pay an excess for damage to other peoples property, only if your claiming for damage to your own vehicle.

You dont pay an excess for damage to other peoples property, only if your claiming for damage to your own vehicle.

really i didnt know that. i have been driving for 20 years and this is my first accident in the car, ( had a few on my mountain bike, involving cars) so its the first time i have had to notify insurance company. so i was under the impression the excess was for any claim under my policy

Garages that deal with insurance companies are a law to themselves.

I sent a car in a couple of years back for a bump in the drivers side towards the rear.

Their work involved;

-breaking my radio (they called me to ask how long it had not been working for-when I'd had no problems with it at all),

-stopping my main key from opperating the central locking or starting the engine

-dis-lodging some of the air vents in front console when they removed it to repair the external body-work, that was at the rear of the car,

-getting paint all over the area they were working on (door handle and tyres)

-and using my boot to put someone elses licence plate in (the guys denied this to their manager, but I still had it).

Then they told me that they were waiving the excess, this I thought was due to them causing my radio to stop working as I was unaware of the rest. Then they claimed no such thing.

Eventually I did get the excess payed by them but I had to involve their area manager.

Garages that deal with insurance companies are a law to themselves.

I sent a car in a couple of years back for a bump in the drivers side towards the rear.

Their work involved;

breaking my radio (they called me to ask how long it had not been working for-when I'd had no problems with it at all),

stopping my main key from opperating the central locking or starting the engine

dis-lodging some of the air vents in front console when they removed it to repair the external body-work, that was at the rear of the car,

getting paint all over the area they were working on (door handle and tyres)

and using my boot to put someone elses licence plate in (the guys denied this to their manager, but I still had it).

Then they told me that they were waiving the excess, this I thought was due to them causing my radio to stop working as I was unaware of the rest. Then they claimed no such thing.

Eventually I did get the excess payed by them but I had to involve their area manager.

You should have complained to your insurance company...

You should have complained to your insurance company...

I did, they said that they were sending out a form to fill in, but once I'd got it sorted I didn't bother sending it back. Just glad to had got it sorted-in their defence the manager (who was on holiday at the time) and the area manager were quick in sorting the problem out.

Archived