Do garages inflate their prices when its an insurance job?

I can't believe the OP has been the subject of such a vitriolic attack on her driving ability. Yep she made a mistake! She learnt a valuable lesson, and won't be doing it again in a hurry. End of.

Can everyone on here truthfully say, and I emphasise the word 'truthfully' that they are such excellent drivers they have never made a mistake or done something silly in a car? I've been driving for 38 years and never had an accident, but that doesn't mean I havn't done something daft on the odd occasion. I've been lucky!

I can't believe the OP has been the subject of such a vitriolic attack on her driving ability. Yep she made a mistake! She learnt a valuable lesson, and won't be doing it again in a hurry. End of.

Can everyone on here truthfully say, and I emphasise the word 'truthfully' that they are such excellent drivers they have never made a mistake or done something silly in a car? I've been driving for 38 years and never had an accident, but that doesn't mean I havn't done something daft on the odd occasion. I've been lucky!

If you were driving a (quite possibly never damaged) Mondeo of a mere three-years-old, that you may care about and were clipped by someone pulling in too soon when overtaking you, you might feel differently. Some people care a lot for their cars, others don't.

Maybe you wouldn't call that dangerous driving but the police might differ. The main concern seemed to be the perceived high cost to repair the innocent party's car and the fact that they wanted it to go through their insurance. :|

Your post is worthless, as it's rather futile trying to be sarcastic about the driving of another person you don't know and haven't observed. :)
A remarkable post, coming from somebody who draws all sorts of conclusions and accuses somebody else of dangerous driving without knowing the details of a minor accident they've just referred to.

Indeed, it's drawing conclusions and making accusations about "the driving of another person you don't know and haven't observed". :rolleyes:

A remarkable post, coming from somebody who draws all sorts of conclusions and accuses somebody else of dangerous driving without knowing the details of a minor accident they've just referred to.

Indeed, it's drawing conclusions and making accusations about "the driving of another person you don't know and haven't observed". :rolleyes:

Nonsense. Information of the circumstances was provided. The other poster is wildly speculating for no reason at all.

Nonsense. Information of the circumstances was provided. The other poster is wildly speculating for no reason at all.
Limited information - you don't know the circumstances in any detail at all, but you're happy to label somebody a dangerous driver - your hypocrisy is monumental.

Limited information - you don't know the circumstances in any detail at all, but you're happy to label somebody a dangerous driver - your hypocrisy is monumental.

The only things that are 'monumental' are your disinterest in processing the information supplied and your preference for trolling myself. :love: :love: etc. :rolleyes: The information is limited for all of us to what we have been provided with.

I guess you must also overtake cars at a few miles per hour faster than they are travelling, despite being legally able to do considerably more and perhaps, sometimes, clipping the car you are overtaking despite having plenty of space.

As I stated, if the overtaken car had been a police car the outcome would be different.

The only things that are 'monumental' are your disinterest in processing the information supplied and your preference for trolling myself. :love: :love: etc. :rolleyes: The information is limited for all of us to what we have been provided with.

I guess you must also overtake cars at a few miles per hour faster than they are travelling, despite being legally able to do considerably more and perhaps, sometimes, clipping the car you are overtaking despite having plenty of space.

As I stated, if the overtaken car had been a police car the outcome would be different.

And as I stated, we don't have the full details of the incident so we are not qualified to make harshly critical comment. Not if we're sensible and reasonable about it that is ;).

And I suppose you're a paragon of immaculate deriving at all times

Never had an accident (nor caused one), never had a claim against me, never had a speeding ticket, nor a parking fine, not a tram gate contravention fine nor a "fine" from Excel/VCS:hihi:.

Can everyone on here truthfully say, and I emphasise the word 'truthfully' that they are such excellent drivers they have never made a mistake or done something silly in a car?

Not made a mistake whilst driving, done many silly things in cars, though not on public roads.

And as I stated, we don't have the full details of the incident so we are not qualified to make harshly critical comment. Not if we're sensible and reasonable about it that is ;).

No one ever does unless they have some decent video footage of the incident. I find nothing unreasonable in expecting another driver who has, after all, chosen to overtake you, to be able to do so without colliding with your vehicle. Period.

Archived