Poundland are not banning staff from wearing poppys.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/local/poundland_makes_u_turn_over_poppy_ban_1_3199892

I got an alert on my phone saying that Poundland had banned there staff from wearing Poppy's I was so outraged I called the head office and told them shame on you, they told me that one manager has told the member of staff of for wearing it and promptly did a u turn when they called head office....................

I got an alert on my phone saying that Poundland had banned there staff from wearing Poppy's I was so outraged I called the head office and told them shame on you, they told me that one manager has told the member of staff of for wearing it and promptly did a u turn when they called head office....................

Shop elsewhere, I would.

Regards

Angel.

Dear PCSPB1

Thank you for contacting Poundland. I would like to make it clear that we have never banned the wearing of Poppies anywhere in the organisation. In fact many of our colleagues are proudly wearing them this year as normal. What has happened is that in one store in Northern Ireland a manager interpreted the existing dress code as meaning that no matter what all insignia should not be worn. This is our fault for not making it explicit within the dress code that Poppies can be worn by anyone who wishes to. We are currently redrafting the dress code to ensure that it is made absolutely crystal clear that colleagues can and always have been able to wear them.

Poundland apologises for any unintended offence that has been caused.

Kind Regards

Customer Relations

Poundland Limited

Archived