Would you like to withdraw some sausage and mash?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a348182/cockney-rhyming-slang-cash-machine-unveiled.html

A cash machine in East London has begun offering customers the chance to have instructions presented in cockney rhyming slang.

Users in Leytonstone who pick the service are given options to withdraw sausage and mash (cash), check their balance on Fleet Street (receipt) or Charlie Sheen (screen), and access Huckleberry Finn (pin) services.

Once they progress to the withdrawal screen, they can pick from a number of money slang options such as Lady Godiva (£5), horn of plenty (£20) and a pony (£25).

Despite potentially confusing users unfamiliar with the terms, the novelty cash ATM has already received a wealth of positive reviews.

Which leads me to ask you the question, what should the cash machines in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, it's towns, Derbyshire, Greater Yorkshire and the Peak District say?

Once they progress to the withdrawal screen, they can pick from a number of money slang options such as Lady Godiva (£5), horn of plenty (£20) and a pony (£25).

Which leads me to ask you the question, what should the cash machines in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, it's towns, Derbyshire, Greater Yorkshire and the Peak District say?

Aside from what we should say... I think customers in Leytonstone should feel lucky that they can actually get a Lady Godiver, as sausage and mash out of the lean green (I made that one up). The rest of us have to go to the cab rank to get them kind of Eartha Kitt! :rant:

Fifty!!!!!!!!!!!?

Th'art just swankin' na!

Nar then!

I'd fully support a note of 10 bob, but they don't print em!

When it comes to money I often think Arr much! maybe the cash machine should ask you Arrr much? and let you type the number in, in bob!

A nice idea. I like the idea of denominations of cash being given in some of the old slang. Ching, Pony, Monkey and particularly Gorilla, obviously, because it's two monkeys ;)

Used to hear it all quite a lot, not so much now. Always brings a smile.

Loads of 'em on here:-

http://www.aldertons.com/money.htm

A nice idea. I like the idea of denominations of cash being given in some of the old slang. Ching, Pony, Monkey and particularly Gorilla, obviously, because it's two monkeys ;)

Used to hear it all quite a lot, not so much now. Always brings a smile.

Loads of 'em on here:-

http://www.aldertons.com/money.htm

Difficult to envisage Hartlepool adopting monkey as a standard...

Archived