Is it possible to dye hair blonde without bleach

i have naturally medium brown hair, down to the bottom of my bra strap area, i really want to go blonde as iam getting so bored of my natural hair color, i cant go any darker because when ive tried this in the past, i look a bit gothic...

however, i have thin hair and i dont want to damage it with bleach, i dont want to go to a salon either to have it done because ive phoned round a few and they are all way out of my budget so i would rather do it myself at home.

does anyone know if i could dye my hair blonde without using bleach please?

ive read a few forums on the internet and someone said that because my hair is a natural color, i could put any blonde hair dye on and it would take just fine, like nice and easy or something along those lines, im not too sure wether to believe them or not.... whats you views please, any advice would be fantastic, thank u :)

Lemon Juice + Direct bright sunlight acts as natural bleaching agent.

Lemon Juice on its own probably wont work.

If the OP is going on holiday anytime soon, this could be an option for them.

I tried to dye my hair, once, without bleaching it and it just went green :(

i dont think that i would try the lemon juice :hihi:

i was wondering about the revlon colorsilk range thats amonia free, they have a light blonde, does anyone know if i put light blonde hair dye on medium brown hair what color it would turn out please, has anyone tried this before?

To get a result of more than a couple of shades lighter, you will need to use bleach. Normal hair dye (unless its 'ultra-lightening', and even then..) will just not cut it.

Most hair dyes have an illustration on the box of typical results on various shades of hair, check this to get an idea.

Archived