Job Opportunities up 7% in October.

And so do seasonal jobs, I bet the number of jobs at Meadowhall as increased by a lot more than 7 %

My point is that these figures are the best since 2008. The Sept to Oct figures have shown the biggest rise since then. We must also remember that people will be expected to "spend" less due to recession and low availability of credit. The figures cannot therefore be explained as seasonal adjustment alone.:)

My point is that these figures are the best since 2008. The Sept to Oct figures have shown the biggest rise since then. We must also remember that people will be expected to "spend" less due to recession and low availability of credit. The figures cannot therefore be explained as seasonal adjustment alone.:)

From the same report.

However salaries for new jobs stayed flat and are two per cent lower than in December 2009 for the third month running, with the Reed Salary Index standing at 97.

“We do need to be careful not to get carried away by one month’s figures, especially as this increase only brings us back to the level of demand for new staff that the UK was experiencing in the Spring. Nevertheless, the rise suggests a return of employer optimism to a level not seen for the last eight months.”

Archived