Why do shops sell baseball bats?

Didn't you ever play Rounders at School? Rounders is basically the English equivalent of Baseball.

And schoolgirls net ball the equivalent of the only real game in town..... American major league basketball. Way better than baseball any day

Go Lakers !!!!

In all my years I've never seen anyone in the UK playing baseball, I've never met anyone who has played the game. Why would someone own one? It seems to me that they are only used in this country to stove someones's head in. Why do shops even sell them?
I played it at school when I was a tad younger, I've played it since then both with friends in the UK and colleagues when in the US.

It's not common in the UK but it certainly is played.

Mind you, that's not why my wife always keeps her bat by the front door.

And schoolgirls net ball the equivalent of the only real game in town..... American major league basketball. Way better than baseball any day

Go Lakers !!!!

I agree. I was dragged along to a baseball match in Seattle, and it was around 3 1/2 hours of the most mind numbing tedium that I've ever experienced. The only interest was watching the disgusting eating habits of the American public when trapped in a stadium.

Hang on I tell a lie. When it started to rain watching the 50 year old mechanical roof closing was pretty funny too.

They had mechanical roofs over 50 years ago?

When did Hillsborough and Bramall Lane replace their outdated mechanical roofs?

In all fairness she did say that the mechanical roof was on an American baseball stadium, we've always being playing catch up in that respect. Nowhere did she mention football

I agree. I was dragged along to a baseball match in Seattle, and it was around 3 1/2 hours of the most mind numbing tedium that I've ever experienced. The only interest was watching the disgusting eating habits of the American public when trapped in a stadium.

Hang on I tell a lie. When it started to rain watching the 50 year old mechanical roof closing was pretty funny too.

The only exciting minutes in any baseball game are when the bases are loaded, the scores are tied, it's the bottom of the ninth innings and the last batter is up at the plate

It's not as bad as cricket though. That's the best cure for insomnia there ever was. Even the commentators sound like they're ready to doze off

They had mechanical roofs over 50 years ago?

When did Hillsborough and Bramall Lane replace their outdated mechanical roofs?

I was speaking figuratively. I have no idea how old the roof is at Safeco. It just looks like something Heath Robinson would have conjured up for a Mad Max movie.

It took about 15 minutes to close and made as much noise as a tank formation on a cobbled street. Play was suspended whilst it closed and it seemed to jam about 3 times during the process. It was great, which is more that I could say for the game.

The stadium however was a work of art with tiers of seats rising almost vertically in the beeches.

Archived