Maniac Drivers on the Snake Pass…

Hi all.

I've recently started seeing someone in Hyde, so living in Woodseats I've been doing a lot of travelling over the Snake Pass.

Now, I'm a very confident driver, my car is in good condition and can handle the road very well, but it seems that every time I get onto the Pass there's someone right on my tail within minutes. The whole road is now a 50 speed limit, and I'm fine taking all the corners and bumps at the that speed, maybe slower if it's in the dark, but people seem to overtake (even on corners) and cruise off in excess of 70mph.

Is it me, or is this just completely crazy?? I can't help thinking that these people must have somewhere massively important to get to, but at the end of the Pass I'm usually one car behind them anyway...

Is it just me? Has anyone else noticed the Snake Pass as being a haven for completely insane drivers?

Everybody seems to be confident drivers nowadays but that DOESNT mean your good!

If i drove and "EVERYTIME" i did someone was tailgating me id have to question my own driving ability.

Ive drove that road thousands of times and strangly dont have that problem,but i know if i did id make sure i safely did what i could to allow them on their way.

Your speedo is fast like most others,and your brakes are not a tool for morse code :)

Archived