Dinner women!! Who do they think they are?

i work in between 70 and 90 primary schools per year. i know what i am talking about.

Have you ever been in a school dining hall and watched? have you ever sat in the staffroom when a dinner lady has come to the staffroom door to find a particular teacher as a child in her class has missbehaved.

i have, many times.

this is one of those times when your just plain wrong.

Reminds me of the time my wife had to shout through the school gates to stop 2 kids from hitting another younger kid-all whilst the dinner lady was texting on her phone. Not sure if it was the same one I'd cought texting away a few weeks earlier though.

I didn't realise they were so trained as it's usually the mucky kids mum's at our school that do the job-you know the kind, the one's usually to bring nits into school or you see them outside the pub on a Friday still in their uniform whilst mum and dad are getting drunk inside.

Reminds me of the time my wife had to shout through the school gates to stop 2 kids from hitting another younger kid-all whilst the dinner lady was texting on her phone. Not sure if it was the same one I'd cought texting away a few weeks earlier though.

Youll probably be called a liar. School dinner women tend to stick together.

do you and your missus often stand looking through school gates?

Not really no-what we do is drop our child off there, when she was on afternoons. I've seen quite a few schools with these things going pass them called paths and what you can do (which a lot of people tend not to do) is walk and look at the same time-amazing.

wish we had your dinner ladys then

my daughters usually school dinners but always complaining shes hungry when she leaves school. shes supposed to be supervised during lunch as per her statement of needs

i sent her with a packed lunch one day i sent in a wholemeal bread cheese sandwich, a pot filled with grapes, rasperrys and strawberrys and a little cake ( she needs the calories)

she came home with just 2 bites of the cake missing. when i asked to speak to who ever supervises her at lunch she came back with and i quote "i saw her put something in her mouth so as far as im concerened she had her dinner"

wish we had your dinner ladys then

my daughters usually school dinners but always complaining shes hungry when she leaves school. shes supposed to be supervised during lunch as per her statement of needs

i sent her with a packed lunch one day i sent in a wholemeal bread cheese sandwich, a pot filled with grapes, rasperrys and strawberrys and a little cake ( she needs the calories)

she came home with just 2 bites of the cake missing. when i asked to speak to who ever supervises her at lunch she came back with and i quote "i saw her put something in her mouth so as far as im concerened she had her dinner"

Same here packed lunches come back hardly eaten and when we pay for lunches he says he didn't eat them.

This dinner lady needs commending for her dedication to the childrens welfare.

School handbooks and rules shouldnt stop an adult from stopping some animal attacking half the school over 2 years.

Unless of course you think its ok for them to look the other way.

Do you?

You have allowed this to go on for two years without intervention.you seem to be the adult who loks the other way.You have chosen to blame others rather than examine your own conduct.The rules and handbooks have certainly stopped your involvement.

You have allowed this to go on for two years without intervention.you seem to be the adult who loks the other way.You have chosen to blame others rather than examine your own conduct.The rules and handbooks have certainly stopped your involvement.

Nice try but im not biting.

Archived