Dinner women!! Who do they think they are?

I agree, but there should be a balance. For example, I don't think it still happens, but at the school my children go to they are allowed to bring a drink of water. One job given to the older kids was to go around on the bottle stands and smell peoples drinks to make sure it's water.

Private school? Sounds like a Prefect/Fag thing. :hihi:

I agree, but there should be a balance. For example, I don't think it still happens, but at the school my children go to they are allowed to bring a drink of water. One job given to the older kids was to go around on the bottle stands and smell peoples drinks to make sure it's water.

You cant beat a vocational education.

Yes, like calling someone "a pathetic old woman"

Not really no. I was responding to someone who called me names first (starting to sound like a playground) whereas you called them that for no other reason than stating a fact.

Can you really not see that if someone is abusive to someone then that person is allowed to respond? Whereas you were abusing that poster for nothing.

Why are most dinner women power crazed idiots! Who died and made them god? My 4 yr old says they check his lunch box to see what I'VE given him to eat and then when he's finished he has to raise his hand for them to check to see if he's eaten enough, if THEY think he hasnt then they make him stay and eat more?? How dare they! My child is fit and healthy, slim and has wholemeal bread for sandwiches, a bag of fruit, a actimel and a biscuit or cracker and cheese, So its not as if ive got a fat child and im filling his box with junk!, Dinner women have always been the same, i remember at my school being practically force fed carrots even tho i didnt like them and they didnt give me a xmas cracker because i wouldnt eat the carrots. Point is if my 4 yr old is full, and hes not a greedy child or wasteful he should be aloud to leave i dont like the idea of some woman deciding if my childs eaten enough! Ok rant over :hihi:

My son has a healthy appetite, but when it comes to him eating at school, he wants to go out and play with his friends so he tries to eat as little as possible to have more time outside. A couple of years ago the school realised that alot of children were doing this, parents were also concerned that there children were going home with full lunch boxes, so they got the dinner ladies to monitor the children and if any were'nt eating enough they were made to stop and eat some more.

I dont think it is about making your child eat everything, its about making sure that your child has eaten sufficient amount of food.

Children can be fussy eaters the best of times, and I think schools encouraging children to eat healthy and try different foods is a good thing, I dont think it is personel to you it is taught to all the children in his school.

Archived