Poppies on newsreaders

The very fact that you can sit at your computer and freely air your views without fear of arrest or censorship is due to the sacrifices of millions of men who gave up their freedom and joined armies to fight against tyrants.

If you dont think they're worth a day of rememberance once a year and a bit of money raised to help their families then you'ra a pathetic soul indeed.

Oi, "men", what about women and animals?

Never mind the effects on children!

;)

Why do all the newsreaders have to wear a poppy in their lapels at this time of year?

What does it mean? Not a great deal to the population today I imagine.

It's 2011, and the two world wars were over long ago.

As others have said, it's not just about the world wars. Perhaps it doesn't mean much to you but to others it does.

Sparkly poppies are still a sign of remembrance and respect. You can also get metal pin poppy badges which last longer. The whole point is respect and remembrance for world wars, afghanistan, etc. Our brave lads are still out there doing their best to keep the world a decent place for everyone. If people don't get it then I guess there is no hope for decency and respect anywhere. The money given helps when the government doesn't.

Why do all the newsreaders have to wear a poppy in their lapels at this time of year?

What does it mean? Not a great deal to the population today I imagine.

It's 2011, and the two world wars were over long ago.

Do you know they have to, or is it their choice?

Archived