What happened to the sexy demure women from the 50,s to the eighties.

Walking round Sheffield and casting my eye now and then at the sight of an attractive lady has set me wondering what has happened to the stunning head turners that used to be around from the Fifty,s to the eighties.

Now this is not a sexist rant it is in fact an observation as to the modern day demure or lack of it in our modern lasses.

I mean how often do you see women these days in a nice frock,complimented by a pair of silk stockings with a nice close fitting belted coat and topped of with a simple headscarf or hat.

You will more like encounter the dreaded ill fitting trouser suite or even worse jeans or the simply awful liquorice legs which some times are even worn without visible cover to the bum .

On top of these fashion disasters we have the tattooed and pint drinking lasses who scream and out shout the gentlemen in the pub after work and seem hell bent on proving that whatever you do don,t dare think of us as ladies! we are one of the lads.

Bring back the Marylin Monroe's, Bridget Bardot,s,Elizabeth Taylor looks and dress, and along with it real head turning, stunning,demure lady,s.

And to top it all they are now boxing a playing rugby .

It is not nice to watch [in fact it is boring just like blokes who bake cakes on telly]

Some thing has gone wrong , bring back the days when men were men and women wore nice summer frocks.

We are all in our Sixties,Seventies,and Eighties sat in THE RAWSON SPRING having the time of our lives just like we used to in the good old days when men were men and women were women.

shouldn't that read when men were men and women where glad of it?

On top of these fashion disasters we have the tattooed and pint drinking lasses who scream and out shout the gentlemen in the pub after work and seem hell bent on proving that whatever you do don,t dare think of us as ladies! we are one of the lads.

Maybe you'd be better off avoiding Castle Square altogether?

Walking round Sheffield and casting my eye now and then at the sight of an attractive lady has set me wondering what has happened to the stunning head turners that used to be around from the Fifty,s to the eighties.

You must be walking round with your eyes shut, if you think there aren't any hot birds in Sheffield anymore. I think the women are much better looking now than at any other time in Sheffield's recent past.

As more women are working and earning money, they can afford to pretty themselves up to a much higher standard :)

You must be walking round with your eyes shut, if you think there aren't any hot birds in Sheffield anymore. I think the women are much better looking now than at any other time in Sheffield's recent past.

As more women are working and earning money, they can afford to pretty themselves up to a much higher standard :)

what about in the morning though when they have just opened there eyes:D

Are you joking.

Its more often than not looking at dress that used to be worn in the local pantomime by the woman who played Dick.Whittington that is!

Archived