What happened to the sexy demure women from the 50,s to the eighties.

Will their best friends please inform the modern women of today who wear those black tights, that it is the most unflattering clothing ever devised by man/woman. I was walking behind a lass the other day, she was pushing a pram and was dressed in the infamous tights. I couldn't help but notice, she had an arse and a half, emphasised by those bloody tights. I thought then that a nice flower printed fifties/sixties frock (ala Pam Ferris, The Darling Buds Of May) would be more appropriate and flattering. The skinny lasses should stay away from these tights also, they only emphasise the huge distorted kneecaps on Olive Oyl legs, again a frock or skirt is more appropriate. I have stated on other threads that in my opinion the sexiest woman's outfit is the simple pleated skirt and blouse, See Shirley Anne Fields in the sixties (Happy Days TV.) I have a theory that today's women are evolving into men (Manettes) they have to wear the trousers, can't you just see such as the Loose Women stood at the bar of their local in their tights with their sleeves rolled up over their Man Mountain Dean arms effing and blinding while discussing tattoos and the offside rule and drinking pints down in one go, then breaking wind thunderously. Meanwhile the men (Julian Clary, Gok Wan, Alan Carr, Graham Norton, Stephen Fry and Jongo and the rest) who are evolving into (Ladyettes) Like refugees from the Barleycorn, are sat in the snug, hairnets on, sipping Babycham and gossiping about camponology.

Will their best friends please inform the modern women of today who wear those black tights, that it is the most unflattering clothing ever devised by man/woman. I was walking behind a lass the other day, she was pushing a pram and was dressed in the infamous tights. I couldn't help but notice, she had an arse and a half, emphasised by those bloody tights. I thought then that a nice flower printed fifties/sixties frock (ala Pam Ferris, The Darling Buds Of May) would be more appropriate and flattering. The skinny lasses should stay away from these tights also, they only emphasise the huge distorted kneecaps on Olive Oyl legs, again a frock or skirt is more appropriate. I have stated on other threads that in my opinion the sexiest woman's outfit is the simple pleated skirt and blouse, See Shirley Anne Fields in the sixties (Happy Days TV.) I have a theory that today's women are evolving into men (Manettes) they have to wear the trousers, can't you just see such as the Loose Women stood at the bar of their local in their tights with their sleeves rolled up over their Man Mountain Dean arms effing and blinding while discussing tattoos and the offside rule and drinking pints down in one go, then breaking wind thunderously. Meanwhile the men (Julian Clary, Gok Wan, Alan Carr, Graham Norton, Stephen Fry and Jongo and the rest) who are evolving into (Ladyettes) Like refugees from the Barleycorn, are sat in the snug, hairnets on, sipping Babycham and gossiping about camponology.

Shirley Ann Fields and Rachel Roberts eh! Sat night and Sunday morning.

Walking round Sheffield and casting my eye now and then at the sight of an attractive lady has set me wondering what has happened to the stunning head turners that used to be around from the Fifty,s to the eighties.

Now this is not a sexist rant it is in fact an observation as to the modern day demure or lack of it in our modern lasses.

I mean how often do you see women these days in a nice frock,complimented by a pair of silk stockings with a nice close fitting belted coat and topped of with a simple headscarf or hat.

You will more like encounter the dreaded ill fitting trouser suite or even worse jeans or the simply awful liquorice legs which some times are even worn without visible cover to the bum .

On top of these fashion disasters we have the tattooed and pint drinking lasses who scream and out shout the gentlemen in the pub after work and seem hell bent on proving that whatever you do don,t dare think of us as ladies! we are one of the lads.

Bring back the Marylin Monroe's, Bridget Bardot,s,Elizabeth Taylor looks and dress, and along with it real head turning, stunning,demure lady,s.

You do still see these ladies knocking about, but they're collecting their pensions now... The fashions of the 50's and 60's are not the fashions of today - Not sure about the idea that these fashions extended into the 70's and 80's though? Think you lived in another england to me there! That's when jeans and trainers etc started to make headway - I can recall a sea of benneton sweatshirts and joe bloggs jeans in the 1980's!

Archived