What happened to the sexy demure women from the 50,s to the eighties.

Your spoiling it lady star, The gentle men on here are thinking more Marilyn Monroe , Jayne Russell, Ann Bancroft [the graduate] etc .

The two lasses you mention were just mardy bums.

Anne Bancroft in The Graduate demure? Have you even seen the film?

To the best of my recollection she flounces round in leopard print oozing sex from every pore, smoking salaciously, stripping and seducing someone young enough to be her son.

Which, obviously, makes her fabulous. But demure? Hardly.

Anne Bancroft in The Graduate demure? Have you even seen the film?

To the best of my recollection she flounces round in leopard print oozing sex from every pore, smoking salaciously, stripping and seducing someone young enough to be her son.

Which, obviously, makes her fabulous. But demure? Hardly.

She looked very demure to me when she was taking her socks of!

Nellie was in the fifty,s.and early sixties.

Yes I was Talking about the Fifties and Sixties, I think this was the more feminine era and quite a few of todays fashion comes from that time.

Fashion Ballet Pumps.

Gypsy Skirts.

Gypsy Blouses(Jayne Russell)

White Cotton Blouses.

High Heel Stilleto Shoes.

And I noticed this Summer Quite a few feminine summer dresses I did notice there was some younger girls looking quite nice in these dresses.

One of my pet hates is what I call the Jeremy Kyle uniform,overweight women wearing leggings which are too small for them showing the builders bum with a strappy top showing big fleshy arms with bingo wings and everything hanging out at the sides.:gag:

I see you are not a fan of Katherine Hepburn or Marlene Dietrich - they always wore trousers and adopted a more 'male' persona... Nothing new there you know :)

I am not a fan of tights/legging, how you come to the conclusion that I am not a fan of Marlene Dietrich or Katherine Hepburn is beyond me. I must admit that I never thought of Marlene Dietrich as a great beauty or even really attractive (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) but you couldn't be more wrong about Katherine Hepburn who I always thought of as a beautiful graceful woman. Dressed in gown, frock, skirt or her famous tailored trouser suits, she was always the height of elegance to me. I have been told today , that what I've been calling tights are actually leggings I hope this hasn't caused any confusion.) There is a vast difference between tailored trouser suits and tights/leggings, I don't think Marlene or Katherine would have been seen dead in a pair of tights/leggings.

What happened to the sexy demure women of the 50s to the 80s?

Some are drawing their old age pensions and others hitting the middle age mark :D

Yes and some looking quite good on it after living through some hard times a bit of hard work never killed anybody and we had to work to help look after our families not like today, we never got the hand outs todays generation get.

Here are some pensioners who look quite good.

Sophia Loren.

Catherine Denauve.

Doris Day.

Julie Andrews.

Maureen O Hara.

And what about the Queen in her eighties how fabulous does she look.

Oh and I forgot Shirley Anne Field.:hihi:

Yes and some looking quite good on it after living through some hard times a bit of hard work never killed anybody and we had to work to help look after our families not like today, we never got the hand outs todays generation get.

Here are some pensioners who look quite good.

Sophia Loren.

Catherine Denauve.

Doris Day.

Julie Andrews.

Maureen O Hara.

And what about the Queen in her eighties how fabulous does she look.

You forgot Shirley Anne Field.

Archived