Betty allen medium

"Psychic pair fail scientific test"

"A scientific experiment has found that two mediums were unable to demonstrate that they had special psychic powers."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20145664

A more thorough assessment here.

The fact that Kim and Pat [the psychics] have both been successful professional psychics for many years, and no doubt have many satisfied clients, appears to be at odds with the results of our test. It is possible that they really do have psychic powers but that the particular conditions of our test were such that they could not operate on the day. However, both of our psychics expressed high levels of confidence after each reading.

Instead, it seems more likely that both Kim and Pat are highly intuitive individuals who unconsciously use a form of cold reading when giving readings in their daily lives. In other words, their readings are based upon information they have picked up from their clients using their ordinary senses, even though they are not consciously aware of it.

So, under conditions which remove the ability to make use of cold reading techniques, such as verbal and non-verbal feedback from the test subjects, the psychics perform poorly and produce a result that's not significantly different from that which you'd receive by chance. I know I'm shocked to my very core about that outcome...

I went to see a psycic at Great Houghton many years ago and went with my sister. My sister went in first and came out looking pale saying that the lady had got alot of things right then I went in. She put out the cards and immediatly said that the relationship I was in was wrong for me and that came true when I found out that my girlfriend had been cheating on me at that time. She said that I would have to change jobs and shortly after I was made redundant and got another within a week and she told me that my Nan said that she was at peace and not in pain with the cancer anymore and she was watching over us.

I still have an open mind about this but wont dismiss anything.

• 10 months later...

Hi could you send me Betty's number please i would like to go see her Thanks

---------- Post added 10-09-2013 at 11:37 ----------

I have sent to a PM

Can you send my Betty's number please

Edited by dinka

These people prey on peoples grief, as someone has posted the Randi Foundation still has up for offer a million dollars for anyone who can prove that they have psychic abilities. So why would any psychic be trying to make a living doing their cold readings every night when they could just do the one and prove all the sceptics wrong and earn a million dollars.

---------- Post added 10-09-2013 at 17:44 ----------

Interestingly mediums and psychics now fall under the Consumer Protection Act, follow the repeal of the Fraudulent Mediums Act 195, the new guidance is that any advertising should include wording to the effect of ‘for entertainment purposes only or for scientific experiment'

Unless of course they can offer proof to the contrary, which so far not one has managed to do.