Anyone tried CafeDotNet in Hillsborough?

emmab

My boyfriend's parents have recently opened a new cafe on Middlewood Road in Hillsborough (CafeDotNet) and just wondered if anyone had tried it out? If so, how was it?

It's their first venture into catering so they are keen for any feedback, particularly on the menu, so if anyone has any, please let me know :)

Thanks

Emma

I did notice Cafe dot net although i have not been in it yet the other thing i noticed is another cafe practically 20 yards away. If its any thing to go by the other one always seems to be empty. I will have to frequent the establishment and try them out.

I live just around the corner from it, and we went for some breakfast the other day. The food was good although smoked salmon doesn't need to be microwaved! The owners are really friendly and service was great, although I do worry about where they are (next to a café which is probably better), and it's not anywhere as good as the Riverside (where we go regularly and will probably continue to). The internet café idea just doesn't seem a goer for me, it'd be better if they had maybe one or two computers that could be used, and a wi-fi network for people to bring their laptops. I think they've taken some of the computers out because they aren't being used and are taking up space.

Fingers crossed it'll take off though, it's great to see a new business trying to start up.

I am surprised they opened a cafe opposite another cafe which has very little trade;I do hope they are successful as I have some investments nearby and the area is a little somnulent.

I run the cafe/gift shop opposite CafeDotNet and yes sometimes we do have very little trade, however I think we are getting to be known in the area because as well as great coffee we offer something different for customers with our large selection of gifts and jigsaws.

I think our target markets are probably different but that can't take away from the fact that any customers that are in the area are now going to be divided between the two establishments and as an earlier post said Riverside already offers similar things to the new place.

I live just around the corner from it, and we went for some breakfast the other day. The food was good although smoked salmon doesn't need to be microwaved! The owners are really friendly and service was great, although I do worry about where they are (next to a café which is probably better), and it's not anywhere as good as the Riverside (where we go regularly and will probably continue to). The internet café idea just doesn't seem a goer for me, it'd be better if they had maybe one or two computers that could be used, and a wi-fi network for people to bring their laptops. I think they've taken some of the computers out because they aren't being used and are taking up space.

Fingers crossed it'll take off though, it's great to see a new business trying to start up.

They had to take some computers out to get more tables in, but they do offer free wi-fi. They also don't charge for using the computers if you're eating or drinking so it's more of an added extra than the main part of the business.

Thanks for the feedback, will pass it on! :)

I run the cafe/gift shop opposite CafeDotNet and yes sometimes we do have very little trade, however I think we are getting to be known in the area because as well as great coffee we offer something different for customers with our large selection of gifts and jigsaws.

I think our target markets are probably different but that can't take away from the fact that any customers that are in the area are now going to be divided between the two establishments and as an earlier post said Riverside already offers similar things to the new place.

I dont think being opposite the scrumptious cafe is a problem because this place doesnt sell sandwiches?! ...just coffee and cakes.. I went in with my little girl and found it very strange we couldnt buy lunch in a cafe - seems a huge gap in their business opportunity to not make some simple sandwiches and toasties in what otherwise seems a nice attractive place :hihi:

Archived